Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone else here tried Erythromycin?

I've been on it for a while, though to be honest it hasn't really helped. I know there is a gel available which is an Erythromycin/Benzoyl Peroxide combo, but does anyone know if it's okay to take Erythromycin tablets (500mg per day) while applying a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide cream?

I've been on it for a while, though to be honest it hasn't really helped. I know there is a gel available which is an Erythromycin/Benzoyl Peroxide combo, but does anyone know if it's okay to take Erythromycin tablets (500mg per day) while applying a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide cream?

Yeah it should be fine.

I've tried Erythromycin (sp?) the pill and the topical. It kinda cleared me up but then when I stopped taking it, the acne came back. As for the topical, it didn't really help.

Cool, thanks for the help guys. I don't know if I really want to stay on the Erythromycin as it hasn't helped much but I also don't want to stop taking it without the doctor's say so.

It worked great until my body developed a tolerance to it.

Hey all. I tried the erythromycin/bp gel for my face. It was such a pain and never really worked for me. It had to be refrigerated and I travel a lot so it was really a super pain to use. My acne was never really controlled with it and as soon as I stopped using it, I broke out worse than before!!!!! I'm sure it works for some, but for those of us with really stubborn persistant acne, it's not strong enough. The Doryx pill 100mg/once a day works really well for all types of acne. Look into it. Good Luck!

it works mutch better with mynocycline pill..i been using that for month and there is huge diffrence