Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gowf

Here is my scar,plz give me advice.

IPB Image

after a week,my face like this, sorry for the diff. light conditions,I just think my face like a Sponge,nothing funny at all. :cry:

IPB Image

Hey guys, I was totally suffered from acne for 10 years. tried every thing I can find on the planet ,but nothing worked.

thank godness ,I found minocyline tablet last year this time, I have no acne on face,still some left on my chin.

but I knew scar is very very hard to remove.I stoped Minocycline,finally

I dunt want to be with scars. so I'm asking u guys to give me some advice or experence.

I'm considering to do TCA Cross with Doctor Chu. maybe,and use CP to recover after that,and do the rest of TCA at home,cant afford TCA with doctor many times.

thanX :pray:

I'm moving to fight acne scars ,here is my log:

28th Dec.2005

-BP 2.5% full finger(this was wrong amount to start with) twice a day.

-General moisturizer

-minocycline

29th Dec.05

-BP 2.5% full finger(this was wrong amount to start with) twice a day.

-General moisturizer

-scrub hard

-minocycline

=My face turnd rad/hard,very dry, hard to smile

30th Dec.05

-BP 2.5% little twice a day.

-General moisturizer

=wake up with flake around the eyes (like snow falls on my eyes).

=later in this day, feel alright, still dry,but face is smooher.

31th Dec.05

-BP 2.5% quarter finger twice a day.

-5% urea moisturizer(this is really nice to avoid dryness)

=BP works well to heal my pimple.

=2 white head appears.

1st Jan. 06

-BP 2.5% quarter finger twice a day.

-Micro-Dermabrasion kit

-SPF 15 moisurizer

-5% urea moisturizer

=2 more white head appears

=I decide to avoid minocycline (thanks dance!)

2nd Jan.06

=this morning, face is nicer, Dermabrasion work a bit.

=

-BP 2.5% half finger twice a day.

-5% urea moisturizer

IPB Image

Hey guys, I was totally suffered from acne for 10 years. tried every thing I can find on the planet ,but nothing worked.

thank godness ,I found minocyline tablet last year this time, I have no acne on face,still some left on my chin.

now I'm still taking mimocyline every day,because if I stop it, acne will be back.

I'm moving to fight acne scars ,but I knew from my doctor,scar is very very hard to remove

I dunt what to be with scars. so I'm asking u guys to give me some advice.

I think a lot of people with your type of scarring have seen good results from a TCA cross, or peel. Look up TCA peels.

IPB Image

now I'm still taking mimocyline every day,because if I stop it, acne will be back.

I'm moving to fight acne scars ,but I knew from my doctor,scar is very very hard to remove

I think a lot of people with your type of scarring have seen good results from a TCA cross, or peel. Look up TCA peels.

Thankkkk youuuuuuuu soooooo much!!!!!!!

u helped me alot,I'll google it,thanX again :):angel:

Thankkkk youuuuuuuu soooooo much!!!!!!!

u helped me alot,I'll google it,thanX again :):angel:

No problem, cutie.

IPB Image

by the way ,Is it dangerous to do TCA peel myself at home?

have someone do it at home or with doctor?

thank you for ur relpy :wub:

go to a derm that does cosmetic procedures.. please dont do anything on your skin by yourself... this is the only face you have..

ThanX for ur advice ,I'll take ur advice seriously.

U r so right

what type of scar treatments over the 10 years have you tried? I'm Asian too and our scars look similar. I've tried mild TCA peel. It takes alot of times and many peels but it does help minimize scars.

what type of scar treatments over the 10 years have you tried? I'm Asian too and our scars look similar. I've tried mild TCA peel. It takes alot of times and many peels but it does help minimize scars.

Hey,I did scrub 3times a week,it not holp a lot,(dunt scrub much,it hurts) these day I had allergy to BP2.5%,dealing with my red n painful face,hope to be ok soon,otherwise I'll go to see doctor,

Maybe laser can help. I was thinking of doing it myself.

oh dear,I'm not prepared to a operation like laser, after I saw the laser process in vedio,I scare away.

thank you for ur reply,good to hear from you :wub:

I wouldn't mess with the TCA peel. TCA CROSS should work for you though. You can do it yourself as many on this board do.

en,wonderful idear, thanX,still dunt know the diff. between TCA CROSS and TCA Peel.

gona to find out

gowf,

I'm glad to hear that your skin is clear and you found something that works for you. I'm allergic to BP also so I am currently using topical erythromycin, differin cream and occassionally oral doxycycline for a couple of weeks when needed. It's not a perfect system, but it works okay. You asked about minocycline side effects so I thought I'd reply...

I took minocycline for a long time (about 4 years maybe). It worked great for the first couple of years then I had to start increasing the dose because it wasn't working as well (supposedly acne bacteria can become resistant). I did have some problems eventually. If you're on any antibiotic long-term it's good to eat yogurt or take acidophilus to keep your digestive tract full of helpful bacteria (otherwise you may get bloated or gassy when eating certain foods - sorry for being gross, but it happened to me so I thought I'd mention).

Ultimately I got off minocycline for a few reasons: My doctor noticed that I was developing some slight tooth discoloration (light greyish banding), and I also had developed a couple of what looked like bruises on my legs that weren't going away. The bruise-looking spots and slight tooth discoloration were both minocycline related. The bruise-looking spots cleared up after I stopped the minocycline, but the tooth discoloration stayed (it's not a big deal though - my dentist noticed but others can't tell unless I point it out). It is also possible but very rare to develop lupus-like symptoms from minocycline.

I'm not sorry that I took the minocycline. It worked very, very well for a while. I just wish I knew more about its possible side effects so I could have stopped taking it right away when I started getting them. It wasn't working as well at the end anyway. By the way I think that I read somewhere that taking Vitamin C might prevent or reduce the risk of getting minocycline related pigmentation issues.

re: scarring - I concur with others that TCA cross has supposedly worked well for some with this type of scarring, also perhaps aggressive microdermabrasion like magneticxboy had. Good luck!!

There is a significant period of downtime with TCA, but from other people's results, it's worth it in the end.

Due to the intensity of TCA and the damage it can do, I agree with the previous postings that it should be done by a professional.

I also advise checking out www.skinbiology.com regarding copper peptide (CP) products. They are purported to have the ability to remodel the skin, help it heal from scarring and increase the skin's collagen production. They recommend applying CP and emu oil immediately after doing a glycolic or salicylic acid peel to increase the rate of healing. This may apply to TCA as well, but you might want to check with your doctor.

Good luck.

Try needling....do a search.

You can do TCA yourself, its a pretty safe acid. Expect to pay around $200 an half hour each time if you go to a professional, and expect to do it at least 5 times, of course if you have the money thats nothing then.

If you are doing a peel, start with 12.5% TCA.

If you are doing CROSS (all this is is putting a higher concentration of TCA into the scar using a wooden toothpick to make collagen grow) use no more than 40% TCA.

gowf,

I'm glad to hear that your skin is clear and you found something that works for you. I'm allergic to BP also so I am currently using topical erythromycin, differin cream and occassionally oral doxycycline for a couple of weeks when needed. It's not a perfect system, but it works okay. You asked about minocycline side effects so I thought I'd reply...

I took minocycline for a long time (about 4 years maybe). It worked great for the first couple of years then I had to start increasing the dose because it wasn't working as well (supposedly acne bacteria can become resistant). I did have some problems eventually. If you're on any antibiotic long-term it's good to eat yogurt or take acidophilus to keep your digestive tract full of helpful bacteria (otherwise you may get bloated or gassy when eating certain foods - sorry for being gross, but it happened to me so I thought I'd mention).

Ultimately I got off minocycline for a few reasons: My doctor noticed that I was developing some slight tooth discoloration (light greyish banding), and I also had developed a couple of what looked like bruises on my legs that weren't going away. The bruise-looking spots and slight tooth discoloration were both minocycline related. The bruise-looking spots cleared up after I stopped the minocycline, but the tooth discoloration stayed (it's not a big deal though - my dentist noticed but others can't tell unless I point it out). It is also possible but very rare to develop lupus-like symptoms from minocycline.

I'm not sorry that I took the minocycline. It worked very, very well for a while. I just wish I knew more about its possible side effects so I could have stopped taking it right away when I started getting them. It wasn't working as well at the end anyway. By the way I think that I read somewhere that taking Vitamin C might prevent or reduce the risk of getting minocycline related pigmentation issues.

re: scarring - I concur with others that TCA cross has supposedly worked well for some with this type of scarring, also perhaps aggressive microdermabrasion like magneticxboy had. Good luck!!

Dear dance,

Thank you so much!!!!!

I'm so moved for your reply, I no longer feel helpless because of you and other people in the board.

I'll stop the Minocycline from today , and deal with the coming acne with other methods

After the first couple of days,BP no longer turning my face red, I reduced the amount of BP,and now it works fine on my face,although some white head appears. but i believe they'll disappear soon.

Thank you again ,dance, you safed me. :angel:

I wish you a happy new year 2006,and forever happy :angel:

There is a significant period of downtime with TCA, but from other people's results, it's worth it in the end.

Due to the intensity of TCA and the damage it can do, I agree with the previous postings that it should be done by a professional.

I also advise checking out www.skinbiology.com regarding copper peptide (CP) products. They are purported to have the ability to remodel the skin, help it heal from scarring and increase the skin's collagen production. They recommend applying CP and emu oil immediately after doing a glycolic or salicylic acid peel to increase the rate of healing. This may apply to TCA as well, but you might want to check with your doctor.

Good luck.

:surprised: Thank you so much !!!

I'm so glad to know CP from you,It's definitely one of my need. I'll write it down and search it.

I'm struggling to be with doctor or not . I dunt have that much money. may be I'll do TCA cross once with a doctor and do the rest at home.

thank you :angel: wish you a happy new year :angel:

Try needling....do a search.

You can do TCA yourself, its a pretty safe acid. Expect to pay around $200 an half hour each time if you go to a professional, and expect to do it at least 5 times, of course if you have the money thats nothing then.

If you are doing a peel, start with 12.5% TCA.

If you are doing CROSS (all this is is putting a higher concentration of TCA into the scar using a wooden toothpick to make collagen grow) use no more than 40% TCA.

Thank you for your reply,

I did some needling injection last summer,but I dunt know if it's the same as you mentioned,

that needling is for my Cystic Acne, they gone more or less after that.

you are right, too expansive to do TCA alway with doctor for my student position.

maybe I'll go there once to see the right processure and do the rest at home.

Happy new year everyone!!!

can we classified gowf's scars as icepick ???

i remember colin said punch excision and TCA cross will help icepick scarring .. :razz:

thanks for your suggestion :angel:

I think my scar is a kind of icepick,I found this definitition pic of icepick on a web(www.acnesource.org/ facts_what-is-acne_photos.htm):

IPB Image

It's roughly the same as mine,

gowf,

Dear dance,

Thank you so much!!!!!

I'm so moved for your reply, I no longer feel helpless because of you and other people in the board.

I'll stop the Minocycline from today , and deal with the coming acne with other methods

After the first couple of days,BP no longer turning my face red, I reduced the amount of BP,and now it works fine on my face,although some white head appears. but i believe they'll disappear soon.

Gowf, I really suggest you not go off anti-biotics like that. Your acne will flare and you will start to break out badly again, which can mean more scars. Talk with your dermatologist or doctor first before you decide to do this, in case you want to try something else to prevent future acne.

gowf,

Dear dance,

Thank you so much!!!!!

Gowf, I really suggest you not go off anti-biotics like that. Your acne will flare and you will start to break out badly again, which can mean more scars. Talk with your dermatologist or doctor first before you decide to do this, in case you want to try something else to prevent future acne.

Hi,sorry,I dunt understand what's"go off anti-biotics".

Do you mean I shouldn't stop taking minocycline?

I understood the rest of words, confusing,help plz :confused:

Don't stop taking minocycline. Talk to your doctor first!

Good suggestion!Thank you very much,

I'll go to see my GP and ask him if I can stop the minocycline.

But I really dont want to take minocycline for my life time.

I'm ready for fighting the future acne with BP2.5%,This topical gel seems dryed my skin well.

So glad to know you, thanks again, :surprised:

Don't stop taking minocycline. Talk to your doctor first!

Good suggestion!Thank you very much,

I'll go to see my GP and ask him if I can stop the minocycline.

But I really dont want to take minocycline for my life time.

I'm ready for fighting the future acne with BP2.5%,This topical gel seems dryed my skin well.

So glad to know you, thanks again, :surprised:

I've been on anti-biotics now almost three years, and I wish I didn't have to be on them anymore either. I wish my skin could be clear without them. But I know that won't happen. I tried getting off them once, and my skin went crazy.

Hi gowf,

I agree with kanmi. Please don't stop the minocycline without talking to your doctor first. I was on minocycline for a long time (a couple of years) before I had adverse effects. I just wanted you to be aware of possible side effects so you that you could tell if you develop any problems in the future. It's really important to control your acne now to prevent additional scarring. If the minocycline's working for your skin and you're not observing any side effects, then you're probably doing just fine right now. It might be good to look into taking Vitamin C since I believe it's supposed to protect against minocycline-related pigmentation. I think the recommended dose is 500 mg twice a day but you should probably check with your doctor about this. Don't worry too much about the minocycline, but it's probably good not to be on it for as long as I was either... Take care!!!

Hi gowf,

I agree with kanmi. Please don't stop the minocycline without talking to your doctor first. I was on minocycline for a long time (a couple of years) before I had adverse effects. I just wanted you to be aware of possible side effects so you that you could tell if you develop any problems in the future. It's really important to control your acne now to prevent additional scarring. If the minocycline's working for your skin and you're not observing any side effects, then you're probably doing just fine right now. It might be good to look into taking Vitamin C since I believe it's supposed to protect against minocycline-related pigmentation. I think the recommended dose is 500 mg twice a day but you should probably check with your doctor about this. Don't worry too much about the minocycline, but it's probably good not to be on it for as long as I was either... Take care!!!

Hi dance,

Thank you so much,I've writen down the "Vitamin C and 500 mg twice a day",you are so kind that always give me wonderful advice.

I'll talk to my doctor about that, did your acne come back after you stop the minocycline? if they do,did you managed to control them with other things like BP2.5%? I find BP is a good stuff, if my doctor allow me to stop minocycline,I'll use BP2.5% instead.I didn't know BP2.5% before. :surprised: