Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mmmmyeah

Accutane Advice

How do you know if you should take accutane?

I don't have cysts but my skin's incredibly oily and the acne (moderate-severe) is stubborn and won't clear up. And the little bit that's disppeared has left behind scars..

Any advice? :confused:

Well, Accutane is prescription, so you really should consult a dermatologist. Most of the time your acne has to be severe or persistent enough that other methods have not worked well enough.

Yeah, I know it's a prescription. I've done all my research on it. I was just wondering if I was being too dramatic and maybe my skin isn't bad enough to take it or if people that have been in my situation take accutane. I'm just afraid that once I go see my derm she won't take my seriously and won't put me on it. I've used a wide range of topicals for three years and I still have moderate acne. Everything seems to work for a little while, but then stops.

Yeah, I know it's a prescription. I've done all my research on it. I was just wondering if I was being too dramatic and maybe my skin isn't bad enough to take it or if people that have been in my situation take accutane. I'm just afraid that once I go see my derm she won't take my seriously and won't put me on it. I've used a wide range of topicals for three years and I still have moderate acne. Everything seems to work for a little while, but then stops.

Well no one knows how you acne is. Photos?

How do you know if you should take accutane?

I don't have cysts but my skin's incredibly oily and the acne (moderate-severe) is stubborn and won't clear up. And the little bit that's disppeared has left behind scars..

Any advice? :confused:

no no no, ur acne from ur pics is VERY VERY mild !!

If you think maybe your skin isn't bad enough for Accutane, it probably isn't. Go to a dermatologist though, there are many prescription meds that can really clear up the less severe forms of acne, without Accutane's intense side effects.

Looking at your pics, i don't see ANY acne, much less "moderate/severe" acne.