Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whatkatydid

Revlon Color Stay

I just started using this product and it has lovely coverage but it doesn't say that it is oil free or non-comedogenic on the bottle; should I stop using it? I bought it because I heard that other people with acne used it for the great coverage, but now I am a bit worried!

Does anyone else use it, or have any information on it?

Oh, and while I am at it: which powder do you find keeps your make up on/ face shine-free for the longest?

Thank you! xo

I just started using this product and it has lovely coverage but it doesn't say that it is oil free or non-comedogenic on the bottle; should I stop using it? I bought it because I heard that other people with acne used it for the great coverage, but now I am a bit worried!

Does anyone else use it, or have any information on it?

Oh, and while I am at it: which powder do you find keeps your make up on/ face shine-free for the longest?

Thank you! xo

I only use it when I need the extra coverage, and I never broke out more from it or anything.. I personally hate the smell though. I've heard both good things and bad things about revlon colorstay though.. it might break you out, but it might not.

Let me check my bottle since i havent looked at it... I just know it stays put!

Mine says Oil Free and Noncomedogenic. Look again and let me know if you see it.

I love it. But right now I am using minerals... i alternate but i definately use revlon to cover darker marks then use minerals with it.

I always used Cover gir (translucent) loose powder and on my oily spots (t zone) i would *also* apply some white translucent powder (Almay) to help keep it matt. Its pretty much white but wont show up on your face as white unless you put a TON on.

Guest tenshigirl25

yeah it says oil free on the bottle. which revlon foundation did u choose? they have the 1 with twist lid which is colorstay and 1 in the pump bottle which i also think is colorstay, i like the pump bottle.

Let me check my bottle since i havent looked at it... I just know it stays put!

Mine says Oil Free and Noncomedogenic. Look again and let me know if you see it.

I love it. But right now I am using minerals... i alternate but i definately use revlon to cover darker marks then use minerals with it.

I always used Cover gir (translucent) loose powder and on my oily spots (t zone) i would *also* apply some white translucent powder (Almay) to help keep it matt. Its pretty much white but wont show up on your face as white unless you put a TON on.

yeah im using almay, its pretty good !

revlon color-stay is non comedogenic and oil free, just try to mix a lil cream with it cause its kinda dense..

Guest tenshigirl25

I use the Color Stay with the pump, but it doesn't say oil-free anywhere. :think: Strange.

maybe u can look on their website..but yeah its oil free

i used it for a while till it broke me out a little, then i stopped using it. the coverage was great and i am thinking of going back but im scared it will break me out again. i used 06 medium beige

Oh, I just realised that mine is called Colorstay Stay Natural, maybe this different formula contains oil. :cry:

EDIT: I just looked on the website, CSSN isn't oil free but CS is. Damn it, I suck.

Yep, the Stay Natural one is more likely to break you out, and I think also the coverage is a bit less....I'm using the other one, it says oil-free and it doesn't make me break out, but I have some problems putting it on, because I don't know what to use....fingers, sponge...it feels a bit weird because is thick....any suggenstions by the users?

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

It made me break out pretty bad. I didnt like the stuff however alot of people like it. It does give great coverage and it is really good color but it is not oil free and made me break out a bit so I dont use it anymore.

I love colorstay in the twist off cap bottle. I have been using it for YEARS now (about 9 years??). Lately I have been making the switch to minerals but i use colorstay on areas that need a lot of coverage (red marks). BTW i never broke out from it. I was broke out before I started using it and a few times my skin has gotten better and now that i am on the regimen again it WILL get better. :)