Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shino

!Caution! Check the products before you buy them

I'm talking about it seriously here and I hope everyone take it serous. The personal care products in your bathroom may contain chemicals linked to cancer, birth defects and other serious health consequences. But the sad fact is that our laws and government (FDA) cannot protect us. Why? Check out this website of a non-profit organization, many of you will find big surprise.

http://www.safecosmetics.org/

And, never forget to read the product reports. Think if you still want to keep them or purchase them again.

http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep2/index.php

*If your don't find your brand, add it to the database and you'll get the draft report.

**Let all your family and friends know about their personal care products. This will save their lives.

People need to take their heads out of their asses and not assume that every dickhead with a website knows what they are talking about. Our society RELIES on us using toxic chemicals. Without the use of toxic chemicals, we'd still be dying before middle age to disease and experiencing worldwide plagues.

Are these things increasing cancer rates? No doubt they contribute to it. Is it worth it to increase the average lifespan from fourty to eighty? Probably.

One of the most stupid ways of being killed is using toxic chemicals little by little and beliving that helps our society. Question: if you knew you were going to be diagonosed cancer some day when you are still not ready for death, what would (and could) you do to yourself with the your knowledge of the ingredients used in your skincare products? Living a long long life probably isn't everyone's goal but I wish everyone won't die early before his/her time comes.

People need to take their heads out of their asses and not assume that every dickhead with a website knows what they are talking about. Our society RELIES on us using toxic chemicals. Without the use of toxic chemicals, we'd still be dying before middle age to disease and experiencing worldwide plagues.

Are these things increasing cancer rates? No doubt they contribute to it. Is it worth it to increase the average lifespan from fourty to eighty? Probably.

One of the most stupid ways of being killed is using toxic chemicals little by little and beliving that helps our society. Question: if you knew you were going to be diagonosed cancer some day when you are still not ready for death, what would (and could) you do to yourself with the your knowledge of the ingredients used in your skincare products? Living a long long life probably isn't everyone's goal but I wish everyone won't die early before his/her time comes.

All that website does is search through data bases of MSDS's for cosmetic ingredients. An MSDS is a Material Safety Data Sheet and explains potential risks that chemical cause if they contact skin, eyes, mucus mebmranes or the chemicals vapors or dust are inhaled. They give data about the flash point or burn rate, flammability, pH, and other specifications. I actually work for a huge international cosmetics company with a very strict safety department. I'm the one who puts all that toxic stuff in your cosmetics. I searched through the report on my company's ingredients. OMG!!! That was so funny. I work with those raw materials all the time. They get on my skin at 100% concentration. I'm sure I inhale them too, since that crap's in the air here too...especially when I make powers.

Guess what....I'm still alive, and I'm exposed to these chemicals directly before they are put into products. Cosmetic chemists have no higher risk of developing cancer, or any other disease than the general public does. Most of the ingredients listed as carcinogens haven't actually been proved to be carcinogenic, and most of the research concerning these chemicals is done on animals and the chemical is used a concentrations hundreds or thousands of times higher than would be found in a product. For instance Vitamin E, Tocopheryl, is highly toxic in high doses, to humans as well as lab rats. In a product it's usually found at 0.01%, not even enough to make it effective, let alone toxic.

My company actually has a really strict regulatory department. Since we are also international we have to also adhere to other countries regulations. We formulate for Japan and they have the strictest regulatory laws concerning cosmetics in the world, and yet almost all of those ingredients go into Japan's products, without any Japanese regulatory official as much as batting an eyelash. And last time I checked, the Japanese have a much lower cancer rate than the USA does.....and they still use parabens and all those other toxic ingredients....

Lay people who get all worked up by what they find in the MSDS for various ingredients in their cosmetics, drugs, foods, etc., should look-up the MSDS for sodium chloride (common table salt). They'll be surprised by what they find! ;)

Bryan

All that website does is search through data bases of MSDS's for cosmetic ingredients. An MSDS is a Material Safety Data Sheet and explains potential risks that chemical cause if they contact skin, eyes, mucus mebmranes or the chemicals vapors or dust are inhaled. They give data about the flash point or burn rate, flammability, pH, and other specifications. I actually work for a huge international cosmetics company with a very strict safety department. I'm the one who puts all that toxic stuff in your cosmetics. I searched through the report on my company's ingredients. OMG!!! That was so funny. I work with those raw materials all the time. They get on my skin at 100% concentration. I'm sure I inhale them too, since that crap's in the air here too...especially when I make powers.

Guess what....I'm still alive, and I'm exposed to these chemicals directly before they are put into products. Cosmetic chemists have no higher risk of developing cancer, or any other disease than the general public does. Most of the ingredients listed as carcinogens haven't actually been proved to be carcinogenic, and most of the research concerning these chemicals is done on animals and the chemical is used a concentrations hundreds or thousands of times higher than would be found in a product. For instance Vitamin E, Tocopheryl, is highly toxic in high doses, to humans as well as lab rats. In a product it's usually found at 0.01%, not even enough to make it effective, let alone toxic.

My company actually has a really strict regulatory department. Since we are also international we have to also adhere to other countries regulations. We formulate for Japan and they have the strictest regulatory laws concerning cosmetics in the world, and yet almost all of those ingredients go into Japan's products, without any Japanese regulatory official as much as batting an eyelash. And last time I checked, the Japanese have a much lower cancer rate than the USA does.....and they still use parabens and all those other toxic ingredients....

wow. estee lauder? l'oreal? :D

i would really appreciate it if you can answer this question: for just the basic skin needs, like cleansing, moisturizing, exfoliating, etc., nothing fancy involving a lot of technology (like anti-aging or smth), is there really a keydifference between the drugstore and department store brands? is this really worth it to buy more expensive products, ie. are they really worth the extra bucks?

the reason for this is i know girls who are sooo into the high-end names. they're just in their early 20's, thus their skin just need basic maintenance, and they're already using estee lauder, la mer, guerlain, chanel, la prairie, etc. the list goes on. i tell them it's not necessary and it's not wise to simply go after the brand name. i totally believe everybody's skin would be great if we choose the right products with gentle ingredients, and the drugstore already has lots to offer.

tell me what you think. thanks.