Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Me_23

Accutane seems to be working nicely... but garrggh!! everytime I shave!!!

Aside from the tremendous dryness which I'm very worried about and am praying does not continue when off the medication, Accutane seems to be working pretty great! My face is almost completely clear... but than I shave! :mad: 4 days later when it starts to grow back enough to penetrate the skin... broken red skin all over again!!

This is so frustrating and I don't know what the hell to do!!! I don't even shave anymore with a regular razor, I use an electric shaver which works great, but it's just when I use a regular razor to clean up around my cheeks and on my neck! I can't just not shave completely! How the hell is this drug ever supposed to work properly if I continue to have these issues unrelated to my skin's condition, whenever I go to shave?

I know it's directly related to this because I only notice these marks where I see that little hairs are coming in. They look like blemished broken skin spots. It's driving me crazy!!!

You are moisturising, aren't you?

I have no choice, I can't leave the house without moisturizing for at least 20 minutes! It's the biggest pain in the world! Otherwise, I have flakey white skin falling everywhere! :shock:

Don't shave against the grain! When you are shaving with a razor, only shave downwards (or upwards, depending on how your beard grows in) with the grain. I don't know how you shave, but if you are doing the "shave one direction, then shave the other for the 'close' shave" that might be your problem.

I can only shave with the grain. The last time I shaved against the grain, my neck bleed from thousands of little cuts (weird, I know) and around my mouth dozens of tiny tiny whiteheads popped up. My skin is so sensitive, its terrible.

Hmmm u could try to use an aftershave. I use Nivea for men aftershave for sensitive skin. It soothes and calms the skin and helps it heal after shaving. I doesnt break me out and kinda lessened my breakouts from shaving.

u notice when you shave against the grain and closer the the skin line.........how some hairs are cut underneat the skin.....and then that somehow is where you breakout alot .....even when im on accutane I get some cyst inflammation sometimes where I shave sooo annoying

Guys, trust me - I've been very careful in my shaving!

I use special anti-inflmatory and sensitive skin creams and after shaves. I never go against the grain. But regardless, it;'s when the hairs start to grow back again that the problems come to play!

And I think I spoke way too soon...; Accutane apparently has not kicked in at all yet. :(

I guess I got a little cocky because my skin had been pretty good for the past 2 weeks but apparently it's still back and forth.

I posted this because I just shaved this afternoon and to my unpleasant surprise, my skin was not as clean and clear as I had thought underneath...

*sigh.

I use special anti-inflmatory and sensitive skin creams and after shaves. I never go against the grain. But regardless, it;'s when the hairs start to grow back again that the problems come to play!

And I think I spoke way too soon...; Accutane apparently has not kicked in at all yet. :(

I guess I got a little cocky because my skin had been pretty good for the past 2 weeks but apparently it's still back and forth.

I posted this because I just shaved this afternoon and to my unpleasant surprise, my skin was not as clean and clear as I had thought underneath...

*sigh.

yup seems like the chunks of hair get stuck in your pores then it gets infected etc really nasty

*sigh.

yup seems like the chunks of hair get stuck in your pores then it gets infected etc really nasty

Damn, do you really have to shave? Can't you limit it to once a week, or every other week bud?

Damn, do you really have to shave? Can't you limit it to once a week, or every other week bud?