Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meese

Accutane and Benz Perox?

I saw someone here suggested not to use the two together. Would it matter if I did? What would it do?

My derm actually told me to use them together. How bout you guys?

I saw someone here suggested not to use the two together. Would it matter if I did? What would it do?

My derm actually told me to use them together. How bout you guys?

Well Meese, I'm on day 7 of Accutane at 40mg a day and have been following he Regimen too for the last week. I haven't expeerienced any extra dryness really, although my skin is a little tighter and I have less oil which is great! It's not uncomfortable though.

I'm only going to apply BP at night now for the next week in the hope it will help prevent/minimise the initial outbreak you 'supposedly' get with Accutane. After that I'm going to cut it out completely.

Using BP long-term in combination with Accutane is not recommended at all, it will be FAR TOO DRYING. It may also seriously damage your skin so I would if anything, follow what I'm doing for 2 weeks as it seems to work perfectly, then cut it out completely. You can spot treat with BP though.

If things get too dry, just stop BP immediately OK. Good luck! ;)

My dosage is quite low so I am not really dry in the morning. My lips are just a bit dry, not like dry to point of cracking. And my face just feels like how my hands are, dehydrated, but not dry till you see white or anyting of that sort. Thanks!

When I first started taking Accutane I used BP on all my active zits and I think it really helped clear me up faster. Besides, I was so used to using zit cream I couldn't make myself NOT use it and I never experienced any problems. As I got further into my tane course my skin got drier and I stopped using it then....thankfully I don't need to use it now (week 16).

Use BP as a spot treatment. I wouldn't suggest spreading it all over your face on a daily basis, but spot or trouble area treatment should be ok. Just watch and make sure you don't "burn" your face. Depending on how sensitive your skin is, it could turn red and be very slow to heal because of the Accutane.

It's overkill. For me BP is very drying and turns my face red (and doesn't do $#!% for my acne). Combining it with my Accutane dry skin would be very irritating. Everyone is different though.

It's overkill. For me BP is very drying and turns my face red (and doesn't do $#!% for my acne). Combining it with my Accutane dry skin would be very irritating. Everyone is different though.

Exactly, everyone is different. As I said it has worked perfectly for me and has minimised breakouts too.