Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bive

My pictures here- advise please

[attachmentid=2938]

Hi all

Another newbie here. Sorry, my introduction disappeared when I attached the photo.

I am really impressd with this site and has gone through the forums for the last one week.

I have brown skin ( Asian Indian type). I am not sure under which category my scars are classified into. Any info and suggestions on treatment are highly aprreciated.

post-34140-1135551100_thumb.jpg

post-34140-1135551117_thumb.jpg

post-34140-1135551139_thumb.jpg

post-34140-1135551162_thumb.jpg

post-34140-1135551181_thumb.jpg

post-34140-1135551100_thumb.jpg

post-34140-1135551117_thumb.jpg

post-34140-1135551139_thumb.jpg

post-34140-1135551162_thumb.jpg

post-34140-1135551181_thumb.jpg

bive, I would suggest starting with excision for the deeper scars. Allow time for them to heal and then see what needs to be done after that. Are your only scars on your right cheek?

Good Luck!- :angel:

bive, I would suggest starting with excision for the deeper scars. Allow time for them to heal and then see what needs to be done after that. Are your only scars on your right cheek?

Good Luck!- :angel:

Thanks trieditall for the reply. Yes, I have scars on the left cheek also, but not too bad like the right ones. In which category do you think , my scar will be classified.

Because you have ethnic skin, you can't do peels, lasers, or dermabrasion. With the exception of dermabrasion, none of that sh!t works anyway so no loss.

I had a few scars that look like yours (boxcar). What I'm seeing on your face is a lot of redness. Give it time. Redness fades.

Seeing that I had a few scars like yours, I'd recomend subcision/fillers. Find a good doctor that does subcision though. They're out there; you just gotta look for them. Good luck!

Because you have ethnic skin, you can't do peels, lasers, or dermabrasion. With the exception of dermabrasion, none of that sh!t works anyway so no loss.

I had a few scars that look like yours (boxcar). What I'm seeing on your face is a lot of redness. Give it time. Redness fades.

Seeing that I had a few scars like yours, I'd recomend subcision/fillers. Find a good doctor that does subcision though. They're out there; you just gotta look for them. Good luck!

I have ethnic skin and I do peels with absolutely no negative effects whatsoever. I currently use a 50% glycolic peel about once a month and copper peptides and a really strong sunblock cream afterwards. I'd suggest anyone trying peels do a spot test first of all. Start with the lowest strength and gradually build up.

I also use Epidermx microdermabrasion 2 or 3 times a week followed by the copper peptides.

I'd say the glycolic peels work better than the epidermx but the epidermx is less harsh on my skin.

TCA cross is definitely the way to go for minor scarring in ethnic individuals, i've had one treatment and already notice a 30% improvement. My doc said i might need only 2 or three to get rid of most of my scars. I've had fraxel, erbium laser resurfacing, cool touch, and of these i would recommend fraxel first, and then tca cross for the ice pick scarring because from my own experience fraxel doesnt really work for that type of scarring but works better for rolling type scars.

Thanks for the reply. There seems to be a lot of classification regarding scars like Ice pick, boxscar, rolling scar etc. So, I think , you are of the view that , mine will be under boxed scars.

Regarding treatment, what about punch excision?

I have ethnic skin and I do peels with absolutely no negative effects whatsoever. I currently use a 50% glycolic peel about once a month and copper peptides and a really strong sunblock cream afterwards. I'd suggest anyone trying peels do a spot test first of all. Start with the lowest strength and gradually build up.

I also use Epidermx microdermabrasion 2 or 3 times a week followed by the copper peptides.

I'd say the glycolic peels work better than the epidermx but the epidermx is less harsh on my skin.

I am not sure if TCA peel work for for the boxscar type, or you are mentioning about other types of scars that are there on my face.

Hi I am new to the board. I have been battling acne for over 9yrs now. I am now 24. I have alot of purplish red marks and scarring/indentions on both my left and right cheeks. I was wondering what subsicion is exactly. I have more scarring on the right cheek than left. My acne is still pretty active. I was using proactiv solution and it helped for a good while, though it is not working for me now. I have tried so many topical anti biotics and some oral. Proactiv was the last thing i tried and again it is just not working for my skin anymore. I am going in on jan. 4th for new treatment options and possibly some sort of scar removal. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Hi I am new to the board. I have been battling acne for over 9yrs now. I am now 24. I have alot of purplish red marks and scarring/indentions on both my left and right cheeks. I was wondering what subsicion is exactly. I have more scarring on the right cheek than left. My acne is still pretty active. I was using proactiv solution and it helped for a good while, though it is not working for me now. I have tried so many topical anti biotics and some oral. Proactiv was the last thing i tried and again it is just not working for my skin anymore. I am going in on jan. 4th for new treatment options and possibly some sort of scar removal. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Hi acne battle

Why can't you upload some photos , so we can get more suggestions

my scars are so similar to yours. well, maybe mine aren't all as deep as yours but they do look very similar. i'm still on accutane so i can't do much about them now, but once i'm done maybe yours will look a lot better by then. update us on any success please. good luck!

bive,

I do agree with ronronnie that peels won't do jack for your scars and could damage your skin. TCA CROSS would be good to try before excisions because even if it didn't work you could still do the excisions. The subcisions and filler might be okay but might have difficulty taking the edges off of your scars. Also subcision and fillers are highly dependent on the doctors skill. Also most fillers are temporary and the permanent ones can migrate later on you. So TCA CROSS and excisions are my suggestions and then maybe some sort of resurfacing. Excisions are also highly dependent on the skills of the doctor. Good luck and do your research.

bive,

I do agree with ronronnie that peels won't do jack for your scars and could damage your skin. TCA CROSS would be good to try before excisions because even if it didn't work you could still do the excisions. The subcisions and filler might be okay but might have difficulty taking the edges off of your scars. Also subcision and fillers are highly dependent on the doctors skill. Also most fillers are temporary and the permanent ones can migrate later on you. So TCA CROSS and excisions are my suggestions and then maybe some sort of resurfacing. Excisions are also highly dependent on the skills of the doctor. Good luck and do your research.

I am thinking in the lines of excision after some more research. Regarding the temporary filler with subcison, if it is temporary , then what is the use of doing that.

I am thinking in the lines of making an appointmnet with Dr. Chu at the Hammersmith Hospital in London as he seems to be a master in these after reading the other threads. Does anyone here know , how much he charge to make an appointment. It seems there is a long waiting list.