Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davin

22 M, Davins experience with Mr. Tane

ok i am typying right now with one hand cause my nose is gushing again... what should i do? why is it bleeding so much?

Did you try using vaseline?

well i tried just putting some lotion on a q-tip and puttin up there. Figured it would have the same effect?

Also I have read many different things about diets.. what should I be eating? can I still have meat and dairy? Also doesnt lettcue have alot of vitamin A in it also? please help me out here

:wall: man! you guys were right! I am now on my third week, and I am starting to break out again! Some huge whitheads again. It was so nice when it was getting better.. oh well.. in time I suppose.. does anyone have any idea when you start to clear up.. from what I have read it looks like not until the last month or so? :doubt:

:wall: man! you guys were right! I am now on my third week, and I am starting to break out again! Some huge whitheads again. It was so nice when it was getting better.. oh well.. in time I suppose.. does anyone have any idea when you start to clear up.. from what I have read it looks like not until the last month or so? :doubt:

well my face cleared dramatically after 2 weeks. and as soon as i was sooooo happy, i broke out badly again. and ever since then ive been clearing, but still a pimple everyday here and there. Im on day 82 and 40mg, its helping but i need 80mg. well goodluck

well my face cleared dramatically after 2 weeks. and as soon as i was sooooo happy, i broke out badly again. and ever since then ive been clearing, but still a pimple everyday here and there. Im on day 82 and 40mg, its helping but i need 80mg. well goodluck

haha, i was like u too. Got cleared after 2 weeks then broke out like crazy, then clear just a little and breakout more. Im on day 50 , 60mg/day and still breaking out !!

:doubt: well hopefully I will get better.. but wishful thinking, so far same conditions, nose bleeds have stopped, although lips and skin are getting worse

Going in for another blood test on thurs. and the 17th will be one month.. so I think she is going to up me to 60 or 80.. have to wait and see

:pray: Will I get worse when she raises to 60 or 80mg? My skin is not looking good. I will have to take a couple pics... the sides of my chin and side of my forehead are getting bad.. almost covered

Side Effects.. nothing other the the norm, overall not bad

Again.. does anyone know of a good Emu oil and where to get it?

Still taking fish oil and vit. E

:pray: Will I get worse when she raises to 60 or 80mg? My skin is not looking good. I will have to take a couple pics... the sides of my chin and side of my forehead are getting bad.. almost covered

Do a search on eBay for the emu oil. It is dramatically cheaper that way, and it will only take a couple of days to get to you. Although one recommendation, buy an oil that has a little bit of added fragrance; unscented emu oil smells like day-old roast turkey. It's nasty, take my word for it!

And the breakout sucks, but all I can say is hang in there. The first month is really rough...I'm breaking out too, and on top of that my lips are disintegrating and my back hurts like HELL-o. It's bad now, but it will get better. ::cyber hug::

Ooh...sorry. Big manly man probably doesn't want hugs. ;) ::cyber high five, or whatever you guys do::

Well I have had acne since I was about 14 year old. On and off. I finally decided to take accutane after nothing else worked for me. I am now 22 and on my 7th day of accutane. I wanted to post because I want to help other people, and tell my story. So far my skin has been oily.. back dry, and lips starting to get dry. I cant stand acne anymore.. I was hoping it would go away on its own, but of course it didnt. Otherwise I wouldnt be here. I also have bacne.. which I cant even go swimming in the summer without being afraid to take off my shirt. So I am praying that accutane will finally work for me and I can start living a happy life again. I have no shame.. so I dont mind posting pics. Right now I am drinking a ton of water, and using cetaphil SPF lotion, and chapstick lip balm/ and Burts Bees on my lips. So far.. I have not come across and pain in joints, or bloody nose.. just my skin is breaking out. I hope it starts to calm down. I am on 40mg. right now. and I weigh about 170 pounds. But its X-mas so I will update this later! here is a few pics

this is the great deal if you are patience , acuttane wont act fast as magic , but it works and it does really good , trust me

about your personality as i can read , sometimes you fell week because your acne and once again , i really understand you and understand your feelling

this time is time to think in yourself no matter what

so your self-estim needs to grow up , because brain and skin are 100 % connected

so you have to realize that and stay calm

another friendly advise , dont pop them , no matter what because u will go to acne till scars

put it in this way , this is might be 5/6 months of your life , maybe more , maybe less

however , it wont be like this all your life , because you realize u want it end

so its gonna end , beleve me

water is allways good , try to drink all the water you can dink , i drink from 4/6 liters day

and its helps really good , actually acne is not related whit food and drinks but i dont care

i prefere to eat well anyways . this is up to you course , but it helps your treatment to act fast

and everything you are experienced at the first month is normal

the initial breakout can be finded at the first weeks or at the end of the first month

this dependes on how your body re.act to the drug your taken

Also I have read many different things about diets.. what should I be eating? can I still have meat and dairy? Also doesnt lettcue have alot of vitamin A in it also? please help me out here

you can eat meat course but try to dont eat hamburgers for example

and if you eat meat , try to switch the french fries or anything fries for natural potatoes

switch cocacola or anykind of sodas for mineral water

take all the water can u take and more if you are eating a bunch of fies things

as i said before this is normal , you are just experienced your first breakout if you take more medication maybe you breakout more faster , and its normal , your derma knows what its good for you , so trust.

Well I have had acne since I was about 14 year old. On and off. I finally decided to take accutane after nothing else worked for me. I am now 22 and on my 7th day of accutane. I wanted to post because I want to help other people, and tell my story. So far my skin has been oily.. back dry, and lips starting to get dry. I cant stand acne anymore.. I was hoping it would go away on its own, but of course it didnt. Otherwise I wouldnt be here. I also have bacne.. which I cant even go swimming in the summer without being afraid to take off my shirt. So I am praying that accutane will finally work for me and I can start living a happy life again. I have no shame.. so I dont mind posting pics. Right now I am drinking a ton of water, and using cetaphil SPF lotion, and chapstick lip balm/ and Burts Bees on my lips. So far.. I have not come across and pain in joints, or bloody nose.. just my skin is breaking out. I hope it starts to calm down. I am on 40mg. right now. and I weigh about 170 pounds. But its X-mas so I will update this later! here is a few pics

this is the great deal if you are patience , acuttane wont act fast as magic , but it works and it does really good , trust me

about your personality as i can read , sometimes you fell week because your acne and once again , i really understand you and understand your feelling

this time is time to think in yourself no matter what

so your self-estim needs to grow up , because brain and skin are 100 % connected

so you have to realize that and stay calm

another friendly advise , dont pop them , no matter what because u will go to acne till scars

put it in this way , this is might be 5/6 months of your life , maybe more , maybe less

however , it wont be like this all your life , because you realize u want it end

so its gonna end , beleve me

water is allways good , try to drink all the water you can dink , i drink from 4/6 liters day

and its helps really good , actually acne is not related whit food and drinks but i dont care

i prefere to eat well anyways . this is up to you course , but it helps your treatment to act fast

and everything you are experienced at the first month is normal

the initial breakout can be finded at the first weeks or at the end of the first month

this dependes on how your body re.act to the drug your taken

you can eat meat course but try to dont eat hamburgers for example

and if you eat meat , try to switch the french fries or anything fries for natural potatoes

switch cocacola or anykind of sodas for mineral water

take all the water can u take and more if you are eating a bunch of fies things

as i said before this is normal , you are just experienced your first breakout if you take more medication maybe you breakout more faster , and its normal , your derma knows what its good for you , so trust.

thanks vanity kills, question though.. what do you really mean by your brain and skin is 100% connected? It does make me feel weak sometimes, but I think I have been doing very good lately.

I went to the derm yesterday. She upped my doseage to 80mg, 40mg twice a day. I have gotten a few other nosebleeds, but nothing major. My skin is still about the same.. kinda bad.

I do notice that my pores are looking better, such as in mmy nose and forehead they seem to be shrinking and looking better.

As far as side effects, nothing other than what was posted before. I hope the 80MG and day doesnt cause anything. :wacko: I have just been trying not to think about it. My skin around my mouth and nose is getting really dry.

I also got the emu oil, and it seems to make my skin reaally soft!

Also she told me I would prob get worse or stay the same until about the 3rd month. then level off and clear up. One month down! two more to go!

Sounds like you are doing pretty well! I think your skin looks very nice and you will clear up beautifully on accutane! :D You are definately a nice looking guy!

yeah its getting better.. but I hope yoru right and it does clear up..

Whats funny is that I was scared that it would depress me.. but really I have been super happy! maybe its cause I think in a few months the cockroaches on my face will die and never come back? if tane doesnt work.. I think it will suck.. bad.. cause at that point I think I will just give up.

Thanks for the compliment though amber ;)

ok time to update this... I have been on 80MG for about a week now

Holy dryness! my face is peeling all over the place no matter what I put on it! I am using emu oil and cetaphil lotion.. anyone have any suggestions?

Also a peice of my lip came off.. lol cant seem to get them back to normal.. kinda gave up

no other real side effects as of yet.. so far I havent been breaking out as bad as I thought I would on the 80mg

also to not be such a hermet I told alot of my freinds that I was on it, and what was going on.. and I have a dinner date on Fri.. just told her my situation.. and not too look at me crazy for my skin flaking off like the guy on Goldmember! lol so trying to get out more..

Also I went out with some friends and forgot I was on tane.. yes that was nice, and have a few drinks not thinking.. and so far I havent had anything bad come of it. That I have noticed

WOW.. skin is flaking off on my cheeks still and super dry everywhere. Also starting to break out like the first week again.. grrrr this is what kills me... my happiness just goes down the drain as I watch my face get worse.. I am soo ready for month 6 when I hopefully clear up totally

any updates, mate?

wow I thought this thing was dead.. well as of now.. things are getting better.. side effects slowly going away.. and slowly clearing up.. but as soon as I get happy about it another one pops up.. lol but it should keep getting better.. I will update this more later now that i know someone actually read it. haha

I would say our skin is pretty much identical to my own when I was starting out on tane. I had a few issues but Im starting my 6th month right now. All the way through until about half way thru the 4th I would still breakout, a few here and there every 4-5 days. But after the 5th I have been complete smooth sailing. I started at 40 mg myself, but jumpd to 60 after 2 months, and then up 2 80 2 months after that. I have 1 month to go on 80 and can honestly say I am 100% clear. I hope that gives you any inspiration =p

Well the pics kind of hide some of it.. trust me its worse then it looks.. As most people on with acne.. I am becoming like a magician hiding it.. lol its scary.. I will be thinking about it while talking to people.. and on purpose look a certain direction, or walk on a certain side of someone... I should take some pics of my back which is pretty bad. :(

Whew, I felt like a nut because I thought I was the only one who tries to walk or sit on certain sides of people! It's so inspiring that you told your dinner date about your situation...that takes balls, and shows how much confidence you have. Your skin looks great, even at the time of your very first post. You're a great looking guy, you should clear up in no time, hang in there! :D