Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
punchito

2.5% --> 5%?

OK I've been following the regimen precisely for 6 months using 2.5%BP, my acne is admittedly much better, but bloody hell it still ain't enough - I still get breakouts / whiteheads and it sux.

I've recently switched to 5%BP (only because some bastard bought out all of the 2.5%BP!!), turns out my skin can tolerate it just fine, but does anyone know whether it'll help any more? I know people have said 2.5% is best, but dangit I need to try something else.

I'm also taking Zinc tablets and drinking plenty of water & exercising, I think that's the other 3 major things you should do. I do NOT want to use Accutane - I've heard plenty of horror stories and my Acne isn't THAT terrible atm.

People on regimen glob on 2.5%. The same medication level can certainly be achieved with less 5% or a higher level with a simple change to 5%. If it doesn't bother your skin, it should interfere with the progress you've seen on the regime in no way.

I actually use 10% at night (It doesnt bother me at all, no redness and only slight dryness that moisturizer takes care of) Usually one finger's worth. In the morning I use 2.5% and moisturizer. I've been on this regimen since Halloween and my face is looking as good as it has since my late teens and early 20's. If your face can handle 5% and you feel it works better, by all means use it

Thanks for the replies, good to know everything won't go backwards... another question though - has anyone actually noticed any improvement doing this in comparison to the 2.5?

Punchito,

All I know is that when Dan first discovered his Regimen, he was using 5%, and found it cleared him up when applied generously, and then when he read the study about 2.5% being just as effective with less dryness/irritation, he switched and still remained clear. So, the effectiveness should still be comparable, just the level of dryness and irritation seems to go up with the higher percentages.