Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wazuh

Regimen working well but a few problems

The regimen is working well for me but I do have a few questions. The only breakouts I get anymore are the whiteheads and I'm hoping the remaining bacteria will be depleted with continuesd use of the regimen, but I'm wondering if it would be good to try and add extra steps. I've been thinking of trying toothpaste just on the spots I have the whiteheads on as I've had good results with it before. Has anyone used toothpaste in addition to this and had good results? Would you reccomend this and if so should I leave it on overnight like I do now or would just 10-15 min of application during he day good enough ? One last thing that I've been confused about is while looking at some information online, most acne fighting sites say to never go to bed before washing your face. I currently use the regiment twice a day; once when I wake up and once again usually at 6-8. Should I be fine putting it on this early or should I try putting it on before I go to bed instead ?

First of all, I strongy suggest that you adhere to the regimen strictly, at least until you're completely clear. I've tried the toothpaste method before and I ended up with a scab on my face for two weeks. Just follow the regimen as closely as you possibly can, and once clear, add in one step or product at a time and see how your skin reacts. As for timing, what time are you doing it in the morning? For maximum efficiency, I try to do the regimen as close to every twelve hours as I can. So if I did it at 7:00am, I would do it again at 7:00pm. The exception to this is if it'll inconvenience you somehow, then by all means, do it earlier or later.

if the regime is working for you, keep using what you're using. putting toothpaste on a zit won't clear up your whiteheads and could make it worse.

skin can't tell time so it doesn't matter what time you wake up or go to bed so long as you wash your face when you wake up and before you go to bed.

hmm ok so is there nothing extra people really do to help treat the whiteheads ? Is just leaving them alone the best way to go ?

hmm ok so is there nothing extra people really do to help treat the whiteheads ? Is just leaving them alone the best way to go ?

Yes, the regimen is designed for acne, and whiteheads go under the category of acne. The BP will take care of them. Just follow the regimen as outlined and don't add anything in if you the best results. Try to do the regimen as close to every 12 hours as possible. So if you wake up at 7, try to do the regimen at 7 in the evening. If you go out after 7, when you come back, you can take a shower, but dont wash your face; only wash / touch your face when you're doing the regimen. Good Luck, give it 3 months of strict use.

You are only getting whiteheads, because the BP is bringing all the impurities to the surface. It will subside after a while, so stick with it.