Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coughdrop

The best OTC medication to reduce red marks?

Posted

My biggest problem now is red marks that dont ever reduce at all. And Ive only ever used bp or acne meds, so Im really uneducated on wat to do about em.

So if anyone has some good ideas about what would work for them, im all ears. thanks.

Posted

"glycolic acid" and sunblockers...

i put pictures in my forumpost.

most do not put pictures and always say this and that so you do not know the results ending.

lots of luck

Posted

does sunblock preventative or reductive with redmarks? I mean will it eventually get rid of them, or just prevent them from getting worse.

Posted

prevents them from getting worse

Posted

but will they naturally diminsh over time

Posted

glycolic acid or hydroquinone. although prolonged use of hydroquinone is damaging to the skin and could cause skin cancer

i'm currently using this thing called Neutrogena Health Skin Face Lotion with spf 15. i use it as a moisturizer, but it contains a decent amount of aha and glycolic acid. i think it's like 8% glycolic acid. replace ur currenty moisturizer with this.

Posted

wat about neosporin cream? and wat is polysporin some weird canadian ripoff?

Posted

glycolic acid or hydroquinone. although prolonged use of hydroquinone is damaging to the skin and could cause skin cancer

i'm currently using this thing called Neutrogena Health Skin Face Lotion with spf 15. i use it as a moisturizer, but it contains a decent amount of aha and glycolic acid. i think it's like 8% glycolic acid. replace ur currenty moisturizer with this.

What kind of results have you had with the Neutrogena lotion?

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow
Posted

Sunscreen, apllied every three hours or so. 30+.

Posted
wat about neosporin cream? and wat is polysporin some weird canadian ripoff?

neosporin can replace bp. polysporin is the same as neosporin. just a different brand. and they sell that here in the usa too

What kind of results have you had with the Neutrogena lotion?

it's really good as a moisturizer. it stings a tiny bit if u have sensitive skin. i think it's really good. and i got a really good deal on a batch of them off ebay

Posted

Polysporin actually has a stronger amount of active ingredients so it works better then neosporin and is derm perscribed alot. I used it on some stitches I had done on my face and it took the mark away like wonders. For red marks I put on olive oil, honey, and egg yolks. Very cheap and natural. I tried using Mederma for scarring and it doesn't help at all, don't even try it. Not worth the money. :rolleyes:

Posted

neosporin hasnt done anything for me...I wouldn't stop using bp. glycolic peels and hydroquinone works best for me.