Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zal123

Question on Antibiotics

I have been on minocycline (100mgs) for 30 days and my skin is clear. They definetly worked although my skin wasnt that bad. I was thinking of stopping, because I dont want to take them for a long time, Will i start breaking out immediately or will take awhile? Will it be worse? Whats the story about stopping the medication?

when i stopped taking antibiotics i started breaking out a few weeks later. antibiotics do not cure acne they just stop the acne while you are taking them.

I hate to say it, but post-antibiotics my skin was MUCH worse. I broke out horribly and my skin was a lot more oily. :)

when i stopped taking antibiotics i started breaking out a few weeks later. antibiotics do not cure acne they just stop the acne while you are taking them.

ditto

On average how long did it take for everyone's skin to clear from the antibiotics.......1 month or so???? I am just curious since I am on doxycycline?????

Doryx took about 2 months to really clear me up good. Ive been on it for a long time now and its not very effective anymore. Your body builds a tolerance to it after awhile. I didnt take it for a week and my skin looked terrible, I'm kind of scared to stop taking the anti-biotics, they do a really good job of gettin rid of marks within a few days.

alex

i took antibiotics (oxytetracycline) for a year and my doctor then said i should change to dianette contraceptive pill as you can become imune to antibiotics which is not good. three weeks after stopping the antibiotics my acne started coming back, and it was a lot worse than before i started taking the antibiotics. luckly dianette is working well.

Switch from oral antibiotics to topical antibiotics. I was taken off minocyclin by my request after almost 9 months of use. I immediately started taking topical antibiotics and I noticed none of the bad side effects as far as oil or break outs are concerned.

I pretty sure theres no correlation between anti biotic use and oil production, considering anti biotics dont really adjust the size of your pores or sebum production. I've always been oily, and I'll probaly always be oily, just genetics, my dad is the same way, but hey, he's 55 and looks 30.

alex