Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stang

Question about the regimen...don't you NEED to exfoliate?

Hi all. I am very tempted to try this regimen. I usually have great sucess with BPO, but a recent camping trip away from it and a daily slathering of thick SPF 45 has brought some acne back! I am looking for simplicity because I think my skin is a bit tired of so many products. However, just about everything I've read says that you need to exfoliate acne-prone skin, as it doesn't turn over cells well enough on it's own. Have many of you had success with this regimen? Has anyone added exfoliation? TIA! :)

I have read that some people think that most exfoiliators are too harsh on acne prone skin - and it does irritate any active acne I have. But in my personal regime, that is working for me, is:

AM:

Carley's Soap

Carley's Scrub

Carley's Moisturizer

PM:

Carley's Soap

Nuetrogtena On The Spot (Vanishing)

So far this is working fairly well, not perfect, put ALOt closer than I have been in quite a few years (20+)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I didn't have much luck with Carley's. I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't work for me. I'm going to try Dan's routine and see how I do. Thanks again. :)

Personally I find that mechanical exfoliants ie:scrubs promote more irritation and acne. Bp makes you peel...so obviously it already has an some exfoliant action in itself. But Dan does recommend an aha moisturiser by eucerin ...so if u used that or similar you'd be exfoliating and moisturising in one without using an additional product.

I did see the eucerin lotion on the list. I may give it a try after I've been on the regimen for a while. I usually don't use this much BPO, so I'm reluctant to throw that in the mix, just yet. Thanks for the rec! :)

maybe try the tape method? It's exfoliating (crap load of dead skin cells on the tape) and it doesn't irritate anything, or at least I don't think.