Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pat07

Cleared w/Tape+BP+Neutr. MultiVitamin Lotion

I followed the acne.org regimen (gentle wash/BP/Moisturizer in Morning and Evening) for months without much success...I kept breaking out with new active lesions nearly every day even with multiple fingers worth of 2.5% BP in the morning and multiple fingers of BP again in the evening. I eventually quit the regimen and got worse.

After studying many of the posts here, I decided to modify the Regimen and I quickly CLEARED in about 1 week and have stayed reasonably clear for 6 weeks now! (I say "reasonably" clear instead of "totally" clear since I have gotten about one very tiny pimple once every two weeks that quickly went away. That's nothing compared to what I was getting on the regimen before.) My complexion is WAY better now.

MORNING (Normal acne.org BP Regimen)

Gentle wash

2.5% BP

Moisturizer

EVENING (A Modified Regimen)

Gentle Wash

Tape Method

Gentle Wash

2.5% BP

Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment Lotion with 1.5% Salicylic Acid

Moisturizer

I don't know if it was the introduction of the Tape Method or the MultiVitamin Lotion or both that quickly cleared me up, but I'm not changing anything now! I believe that Taping defoliates the skin and helps the BP and SalAcid get to where they need to go. You would think that Taping goes against being "gentle" and that using SalAcid in a BP regimen is supposedly a big no-no. I have no idea if this will work for anyone else, but it worked and continues to work for me.

I'm grateful for the "Tape Method of Peeling - Cheap and Effective for RED MARKS!!" thread started by Maya at

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php...&highlight=tape

, and for the "neutrogena multi vitamin acne treatment for red marks" thread started by Dan himself on behalf of one of his "before and after" people at http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php...1212a485908056b

Those two threads were key to getting me to clear. Hopefully it will continue!

hey there,

Glad to hear you've found a regimen that works for ya!

Just wondering with the modified evening regimen, how long you wait between each step? I've been meaning to incorporate the multivitamin into this regimen but just haven't known how to. Your help is appreciated!

bern

From Bern's post:

>Just wondering with the modified evening regimen,

>how long you wait between each step?

Bern, I only wait about 5 minutes between each step...more might be better, but I rather rush through it and it seems to work OK:

Evening (Modified Regimen):

- Gentle Wash (I pat towel dry and wait about 5 minutes to be totally dry)

- Tape Method (I immediately wash again after tape method to remove any possible tape chemical residue...I use 2" wide clear packaging tape...its faster and easier than using smaller desk-size tape)

- Gentle Wash (I pat towel dry and wait about 5 minutes to be totally dry)

- 2.5% BP (After gently rubbing all in for absorption, I wait another 5 minutes for BP to further absorb/dry)

- Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment Lotion with 1.5% Salicylic Acid (I wait about 5 minutes again)

- Moisturizer (I've been using Eucerin Renewal. I think with all of the BP and with the Sal Acid on top of that, your skin needs the moisturizer for balance/protection. Finished)

Hey Pat,

Just another question about your evening regimen, hehe. Do you apply a lot of the multivitamin or a very thin layer? I've also decided against using the tape method at this stage, as in the past I think it broke me out a little. Thanks for your help so far.

bern

Bern,

I use a lot less Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin than BP, so I guess I would say thin layer. The Multi-Vitamin lotion absorbs and spreads a lot easier than the BP that has to be gently slowly worked in. I use A LARGE AMOUNT OF BP--probably 3 fingers worth each time. I'd say I only use about 1 finger of Multi-Vitamin lotion each time.

Ani,

I am still clear, it is great. Again, I don't know if it was adding the tape method or adding the Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin (or both) with the BP regimen that cleared me up, but I don't want to change anything because it is working for me! Good luck!