Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
F49Z0R5!!!

Acne coming back!

I am a 17 year old male. I had a slight acne problem about 8 months ago, but ever since then my skin was clear. Some spots but no active acne. Maybe a pimple once every 3 months. But now, it's summer, and the acne is coming back! Tiny bumps and whiteheads are emerging! Why!? Is this some kind of a summer thing? Hormones? Why is it suddenly striking so fast? About 2 weeks ago everything was fine but since then acne has been popping up again. What can I do? I'm using strong medication that kept me clear for 8 months but suddenly is not helping that well.

There are a few things that changed recently, and I'm not sure if any of them are responsible.

1. I've been getting more sun exposure lately, especially since its summer it's really bad for the skin.

2. I've been working out alot more lately, and sweating alot harder.

3. I've been exposed to alittle cigarrette smoke daily for the past couple of weeks.

Could any of these be responsible for the problem?

All three of those things can aggravate acne, sweating actually helps things but if let the sweat dry ur in trouble. Thats all I can say about that, maybe try avoiding the smoke and use sunscreen. Rinse off the sweat, if that does not help it could just be coincidence that it is coming with summer, good luck.

"3. I've been exposed to alittle cigarrette smoke daily for the past couple of weeks."

Thats IT! Bad air/pollution has a HUGE effect on my acne ive found. I live right next to one of the busiest roads in Australia, and theres smoke/pollution everywhere. One weekend i went up to the mountains where the air is clear and beatiful, and theres trees everywhere, when i came back my skin looked better than it had EVER looked (since i started getting the pimples of course).

I think there is a real connection between smoke or pollution and acne. Stay away from the cigarette smoke and see what happens.

While all those things CAN affect acne it might not be any of them. Have you had any changes in diet? What medication were you taking, is it possible the acne has become resistant? Maybe it is hormonal acne?

You need to ask yourself these questions, you'll find the answer =D>