Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne H4t3r

have you ever really thought about it?

acne harms us in no way and is not detrimental to our health either. the problem is really superficial society as we know it, acne doesnt hurt us cause of acne itself, it only hurts cause we know the stereotypical views of what society thinks a man and a woman should be, for girls its worse they are expected to go after that model physique with perfect skin. guys are expected to be tough , but even that stereotype is fading and leading into a new metrosexual type guy, who has to look just a beautiful as girls. so in conclusion just say fuck society and its views, then acne wont hurt! :)

Actually when I had severe cystic acne I hated the sensation of these horrible things pressing into my face. It is also a disease. Diseased people are unattractive regardless of society, as charyan says. So unfortunately, you are mistaken.

If you can stop caring what other people think of you though, it is HUGELY liberating.

Actually when I had severe cystic acne I hated the sensation of these horrible things pressing into my face. It is also a disease. Diseased people are unattractive regardless of society, as charyan says. So unfortunately, you are mistaken.

If you can stop caring what other people think of you though, it is HUGELY liberating.

its painful too...and when they pop and leak, its just gross.

i mean really, who wants to kiss someone with a leaky face:-P?

acne harms us in no way and is not detrimental to our health either. the problem is really superficial society as we know it, acne doesnt hurt us cause of acne itself, it only hurts cause we know the stereotypical views of what society thinks a man and a woman should be, for girls its worse they are expected to go after that model physique with perfect skin. guys are expected to be tough , but even that stereotype is fading and leading into a new metrosexual type guy, who has to look just a beautiful as girls. so in conclusion just say fuck society and its views, then acne wont hurt! :)

You make a point. :) But I think it goes both ways. To me acne is a disease. Harmful? Yes it's very harmful. Harmful if you have alot of cysts that when you roll sideways at night on your pillow; your face hurts. To me that is pain relating to being harmful.

its painful too...and when they pop and leak, its just gross.

i mean really, who wants to kiss someone with a leaky face:-P?

Yup ... painful and gross. I hate it! The thing is though ... we have to remember that we always judge ourselves harder than anyone else. I don't notice other people's acne nearly as much as I notice my own. (I do if it's bad ... I'm not saying that) But my own freakin' hurts, so it's hard not to notice it! I don't think scars look nearly as bad (my opinion folks before you attack) as bad acne either.

blaming society is an easy answer, but too simplistic. Just who are we talking about in this instance, as we are all members of society ourselves?

we must look at the casual relationships.

i.e are we superficial because of society,

or is society superficial because of us?

Guest tenshigirl25

blaming society is an easy answer, but too simplistic. Just who are we talking about in this instance, as we are all members of society ourselves?

we must look at the casual relationships.

i.e are we superficial because of society,

or is society superficial because of us?

society is superficial because of us. because there are many ppl that dont care what other's think or how they dress, if thy have acne on their face and are still happy well adjusted ppl. u will never see that person even come on this site..

so thats why i think acne makes us stronger and wiser about the world..if u ddint have acne, would u be so philosophical as u are now? i know i have a lot more compassion then i ever did.

my friend always said why worry, its just spots on your face..u end up meeting real ppl who like u for who u are..then hopfully when your acne gos away, i know ive grown a lot as a person because of it.