Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peaches

Oiliness and topical products

I've noticed a few people talk of topical things to help with oiliness.

My dermatologist, my own experience and research shows that nothing topical actually changes the amount of oil skin produces (only stronger internal treatments can do that from the inside out).

There are some products that may keep it under control by absorbing it on the surface but that's all it will do. Some products overdry the skin to begin with making it seem it's less oily but really it's setting the skin up for more oiliness if skin becomes too dry (we all know that).

Topicals, I think, are good for managing acne already existing but the real treatment (I think the one we're all looking for) is one that changes and improves our skin FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accutane was that miracle for me but can't stay on that forever so I'm on the search for another internal (safer, long term solution) treatment.

Been on B5 a few days, only on 4-5g/day (I have mild acne). Nothing has changed for the good or bad yet.

MY POINT YOU ASK? I'M GIVING UP ON TOPICALS THAT GIVE SO/SO RESULTS WITH MANY UGLY SIDE EFFECTS FOR THE GREAT MAGIC PILL(S)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1