Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey. This is a question for people who use the refining mask made for proactiv. How do you use it? Do you use it like it says, put it on for 10 minutes and wash it off? or do you sleep with it overnight? and when you put the mask on, do you put it on dry skin or slightly wet skin? how many times a week do you use it? thanks.

i used to use this when i was using the proactiv system and it helped me get 100% clear and stay that way. i washed my face with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil, put on the mask on damp/slightly wet skin, then let it dry for 10 minutes and washed it off.

I washed my face first, dry it off, then apply the mask. Then i leave it for 10 mins before i rinsed it off. Don't use it everyday, at most 3 times a week. For me, i use it only when i've been really sweaty that day or it's during those pre-menstrual dayz when my hormones go crazy and pimples starts poppin everywhere. You know how they say u can spot treat with the mask, put some and leave overnite, doesn't work for me. I instead dab some of the proactive washing solution on the pimples..work much better in my opinion, cuz it contains benzoyl Peroxide.

Please don't make the mistake of putting on the mask on your entire face and then sleeping with it!!! I did that and the results weren't pretty!

That mask is probably the best thing ProActive has ever put out there. It works great especially if you have a bad break out. Wash your face, make sure you face is still somewhat damp, put on the Mask, wait 1o min and wash off. It works wonders for blind pimples. I actually still use that mask sometimes, actually I used it today :)

I would not leave it on overnight. It's designed to be left on for 10 minutes (or until completely dry) and then washed off.

I usually leave it overnight. It IS horribly drying (and hard to remove in the morning), but I found it to be more effective that way.

And I agree with coglione: the mask is proactiv's best anti acne product.

btw, spot treatment also works great, especially if you only have a few acne.

Can you buy just the refining mask or do you have to buy the whole set of proactiv stuff. I went to the website and it includes the mask as a bonus????????