Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vetmed2006

DON'T GIVE UP HOPE TOO EARLY ON THE REGIMEN!

Guys...hang in there. I'e been on the regimen for 36 days, and have had remarkable results. But it was not without alot of hard work AND I went through a tough couple of first weeks where I thought my neck was feeling so bad it would fall off. It was itchier than I thought possible. I wanted to scratch the hell out of it. I'm not kidding, I felt like a freaking reptile. My face peeled also. If this happens, moisturize like nobody's business, and maybe ramp down on the BP for a coupla days until the skins starts to normalize. But don't quit, unless of course you think you are having an allergic reaction or something. Trust me, it will be worth it. Also, don't screw with the regimen too much til you give it a chance. Changing this and that makes it hard to determine what works and what doesn't. Be patient. It's not an instant fix and like anything, it takes time to start to work on the deeper layers. HANG IN THERE, YOU CAN DO IT!

Ann

I've been on the regimen for about a month now and I STILL GET BREAKOUTS!!!!! it cleared only a little portion of my problem area being my cheeks.

Today i applied more bp than usual and it stung me for the first time since starting on the regimen.........is this a good thing or ???

It might make you skin dry and flakey, but i think the more the better, just apply moisturiser. O:)

"Today i applied more bp than usual and it stung me for the first time since starting on the regimen"

I think that might be a good thing. It means the BP is working.

Vetmed,

Thanks for the wise words. Please stay active on the boards. I appreciate your input.

Albert,

Although you definitely need to use LOTS of bp to get clearing, you should ramp up the dosage slowly.

-Dan

Good call, vetmed. I've been on the Regimen for about 5 months. It took me about 3 months to get clear, and at times I was very frustrated. But seeing the results now, I am so glad that I stuck with it. Do I still get pimples? Of course, there is no 'cure' for acne. But overall, my skin is 100 times better than it was pre-Regimen :evil:

I've been on the regimen for about a month now and I STILL GET BREAKOUTS!!!!! it cleared only a little portion of my problem area being my cheeks.

Today i applied more bp than usual and it stung me for the first time since starting on the regimen.........is this a good thing or ???

dude, ive been using treatment for 9 months and i get a breakout like every 2 months. It's hormones, you cant do anything about that. No matter what you do you will still get a small breakout every once in a while.

"Today i applied more bp than usual and it stung me for the first time since starting on the regimen"

I think that might be a good thing. It means the BP is working.

no that means you're putting too much and irritating your skin. Burning, itchiness OR redness is a sign of irritation. And as we all know irritation is 1 of the 5 causes of acne. So dont put too much.