Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damcal

creatine whilst on accutane?

can anyone give me some info on taking creatine supplements and lifting weights whilst taking accuttane? im guessing its a no no...im 2.5 months into a 6 month 40mg/day accutane course - im guessing taking creatine now is a bad idea?

Creatine is naturally occuring and is found in several meat products (red meats especially). My guess is that you're fine to take creatine while on Accutane (although you might want to double check with a physician). If it's fine to eat meat taking a creatine supplement should be fine - you're ingesting creatine anyways. The vitamin supplment you're to stay away from forsure is vitamin A. Creatine should be fine.

Eh i took it i've been on creatine for a while. I went off it because there was a huge scare that it caused chrones disease.

I found when i was on it i was 100x more moody/aggressive. I found my skin was 3x more dry, and i got razor burn alot plus little whiteheads (even on 60mg of tane a day). I found an increase in muscle gain and strength however the skin-dryness at times was over-bearing, specially if u have a night of drinking alcohol. Oh i had big bags under my eyes also from taking it.

Anyways since i've been off it (i took it 3months on 3weeks off 2x so total 6months on), i feel less moody, i feel i've kept the strength i've gained ... with the help of taking caffine before instead of only creatine.

I'm not saying u should go on it, i believe u shouldnt unless ur hardcore, it does play havok on ur liver and u should only take monohydrate if any... and "IF YOU CAN SMELL CREATINE IN YOUR DRINK DO NOT DRINK IT". ummm i personally would recommend NOT taking it, because i dont think u should take it for the reasons of chrones disease, ur liver also has alot to deal with as is not to mention ur kidneys.

BTW i have done a hell of alot of research on creatine, and i'm a bio student, and i believed at a point it was safe as long as u take NO MORE THAN 5mg a day for a max of 3 months on. However its still a relatively new substance and there isnt alot of long-term research on it. Take my advice, drink 2 cups of coffee 1... 1hr before training and 1 15mins mins before training. U'll notice a difference.

Craig.

creatine majorly dehydrates you by sending more water to your muscles. you have to drink a shitload more water if you are also on creatine. probably 1.5 to 2x's as much a day, you should be drinking 2 liters a day minimum without it too. so thats a lot of water.

Creatine is naturally occuring and is found in several meat products (red meats especially). My guess is that you're fine to take creatine while on Accutane (although you might want to double check with a physician). If it's fine to eat meat taking a creatine supplement should be fine - you're ingesting creatine anyways. The vitamin supplment you're to stay away from forsure is vitamin A. Creatine should be fine.

ignore this [email protected]#$%.

Creatin works your liver

accutane works your liver even harder.

Do I have to say more? Just wait till you are off. That is what I am doing. Your liver will thank you.

You can do as much vitamin C as you like also.

yeah i tend to agree Q... meats different to synthesised creatine... creatine in meat has to be worked out in the intestines, whereas creatine straight goes bam absorption into ur liver and kidneys... and enzymes need to break down the creatine for absorption into the plasma blood stream... so that comment by greg was sorta laymans.