Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oedipus

Best makeup for acne prone men

Ive been searching around and couldnt really find any results I was looking for. Right now my skin still has a few pimples popping up here and there and a few cysts a month. Not many, but I have ALOT of red marks and some mild scarring.

I need makeup\concelor bad now. I am on mino and a plexion sct mask at night. Anyways

What is the best makeup\conceller for men that still have some pimples popping up once in a while. I was looking at dermablend but I heard that it can clog pores really easily.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys

Ive been searching around and couldnt really find any results I was looking for. Right now my skin still has a few pimples popping up here and there and a few cysts a month. Not many, but I have ALOT of red marks and some mild scarring.

I need makeup\concelor bad now. I am on mino and a plexion sct mask at night. Anyways

What is the best makeup\conceller for men that still have some pimples popping up once in a while. I was looking at dermablend but I heard that it can clog pores really easily.

I'd say mineral makeup is best for acne prone skin because it's all natural. I don't wear concealer though so maybe someone can help you on that.

I'd say mineral makeup is best for acne prone skin because it's all natural. I don't wear concealer though so maybe someone can help you on that.

I'm going to try mineral makeups soon, do you think it would be vaguely noticeable when a man wears it? Thanks in advance. :)

Well man-made makeup oxidizes after wearing it so it turns yellow and orange. Which is a dead giveaway. :evil: Mineral makeup doesn't oxidize and each mineral is a different shade like our skin. Give it a try and find out. I think it looks so much more natural, I swear by it.

Guest Poker-Butt

definitely mineral makeup kix ass...just make sure u match ur skin perfectly and no one will notice they'll just think that u have great skin

definitely mineral makeup kix ass...just make sure u match ur skin perfectly and no one will notice they'll just think that u have great skin

I agree, find the best shade. If it's really hot then applying a makeup primer first would make it stay on longer. You can find them through google.com.

Guest Poker-Butt

I agree, find the best shade. If it's really hot then applying a makeup primer first would make it stay on longer. You can find them through google.com.

yea thats what the only thing i hate about it...like when u sweat , i get my makeup like sitting right on top of my face along with sweat...makes it noticeable....especially on my upper lip...hate that shit! so if its realllllllly hot i just take some with me and apply at my upper lip when i sweat lol....so it can all look the same :D

wow.... sounds really promising, if it helps 10% ill be happy. I'll go get some studioFX and bareminerals and more kinds if I can find more... lol. Thanks for the advice yall. :cool:

Guest Poker-Butt

depneds on what u want to cover up...with mineral makeup, brushes are important IMO i use brushes and i believe i do an awesome job covering up(scary even :D) i use an additional concelear and i bought an additional pointy concelear brush and i go over my spots with this , to make sure im sure covering the spots (even things out)....u gotta see it like art....like ur making art...and ur face is ur canvas....ur aiming to make it look normal...how i see things

1 }i use my mineral foundation(find one that matches u) - brush for applying

2 } my yellow concealer(i have yellow undertones) find one that matches u** and a pointy concealer brush for precise coverage

3 } i also have an additional ",maximum concealer brush" that came with my bare minerals kit ....dab it in my foundation and then lightly press over my yellow concealed spot/spots

4 } then set with mineral veil (what i use ...comes with bare minerals) with a brush(similar brush as the one from my foundation but not the SAME one)

This works for me....skin looks flawless after wards...red marks are soooooooooo not noticeable at all

i have 3 brushes - 1 for foundation , 1 for blush , one for my mineral veil(setting powder)

and 2 concealing brushes

Well man-made makeup oxidizes after wearing it so it turns yellow and orange. Which is a dead giveaway. :evil: Mineral makeup doesn't oxidize and each mineral is a different shade like our skin. Give it a try and find out. I think it looks so much more natural, I swear by it.

Mineral makeup is man made makeup too. It uses the same pigments that liquid foundations use, they're just ground up to a really small partical size (micronized). All that "pure minerals from the earth" is a BS marketing scheme. The talc free nonsense is even funnier. Talc is a "pure mineral from the earth" too, although it gets bad press. I'm not a fan if it.

Liquid foundation doesn't oxidize on the skin. The pigments are already oxidized. The pigments are iron oxides (basically rust, which is oxidized iron) and titanium dioxide (which is oxidized). The pigments in liquid foundation are already wet out by "wetting agents," and dispersed in a meduim (oil, silicone or water). Sometimes the shade can shift on the skin, if it mixes with sebum, because this wets out the pigments more, intensifying the shade. This can happen with mineral makeup too. It happens to me a lot, so I have to make sure I use an oil absorbing power on top of it, or the shade looks unnatural.

If your a guy don't use a liquid foundation. It'll look to obvious. When I wear makeup (which is rarely), I use mineral makeup. Bare Minerals specifically. I like it, but it contains a alot of bismuth oxychloride, which is gives it a sheen (sometimes it looks shiny on me), which might not be good on a guy. Bismuth can also be irritating for some, but has great skin adhearance, so the stuff wears really well.

Look for one that doesn't have bismuth oxychloride or mica, which can also look shiny. It would probably good to use with a concealer brush, just to hide the sopts and redness. Just make sure it's a good match....

For the mineral makeup that I use, I don't need a seperate concealer. I just just a concealer brush. Brushes are important. You can control the coverage by using different brushes.

Any makeup used by a woman is suitable for use by a man. Make sure you go for makeup that matches your skin tone. Try to find a makeup that also has acne fighting ingredients. Clinique makes a really good acne fighting concealer.

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

Ya CoverFx is great. Its a powder and a mineral makeup. It is 35 dollars, yes its farelly pricy but it covers awesome and is not noticable whats so ever. Its the best stuff I have ever used.