Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AskMeQ012

whys my skin breaking out on tane?

I mean they are small and not bad but still. I am not to dry either. What products should I be using on tane? I am currently using: cepthail cleanser and moisterziter and aloe vera 100% thats it. Should i add something like hibicleans or let tane work.. I am so confused someone please help me... :doh:

Edit:

Missed the heading, hah ignore bottom paragraph,

My new response based on this new information?

Everyone responds differently to the drug, some don't even see clearing until they are actually off it.

I still say give it time. How much longer is your course?

The only product you should consider adding is a moisturizer for when skin gets overly dry.

How long have you been on the drug? You can't expect any drying to occur until atleast 2-3 weeks after beginning treatment. And even then atleast a month to see some considerable clearing.

Most people have to wait a good 6-8 weeks to see any improvement. Just give it time.

Guest james11

The only product you should consider adding is a moisturizer for when skin gets overly dry.

How long have you been on the drug? You can't expect any drying to occur until atleast 2-3 weeks after beginning treatment. And even then atleast a month to see some considerable clearing.

Most people have to wait a good 6-8 weeks to see any improvement. Just give it time.

Read the topic heading mate, he's been on Accutane for 5 months. Also, he's using Cetaphil moisturiser already. :wall:

I mean they are small and not bad but still. I am not to dry either. What products should I be using on tane? I am currently using: cepthail cleanser and moisterziter and aloe vera 100% thats it. Should i add something like hibicleans or let tane work.. I am so confused someone please help me... :doh:

How much do you weigh? That's my dosage at 135 lbs.

I never liked that cleanser, but lots of people use it and are happy with it, and my derm did recommend it. I prefer things like Aveeno. As for the breaking out ... some people don't clear until even after going off accutane. If you're still breaking out at the 5-6 month mark, I'd talk to my derm about maybe going an extra month. You shouldn't need anything else for the acne.

i am 18 and weigh 150lbs. so i dont need any other products to use? what about after tane should I use anything? so hibicleans is unnecssary with the tane? Just soap and water?

i am 18 and weigh 150lbs. so i dont need any other products to use? what about after tane should I use anything? so hibicleans is unnecssary with the tane? Just soap and water?

im weight 150 lbs to and am on 70 mgs for about 4 1/3 months so far

Im just using the cetaphil moisturizer and not using any face wash and just washing with warm water

Well, you can use something to wash your face with. I was just saying that I have used that cleanser and lotion, and I personally don't like them. You don't need anything else for acne -- like no benzoyl peroxide, no stridex, nothing like that. That stuff will way over dry your skin. Just wash with something mild (some people just use water and rinse there faces if washing is making your face red) and use lotion, and plenty of it. After you go off of accutane, it will depend on what your skin does. Some people stay clear forever, but most still break out -- just not as badly as before accutane. If you do break out, usually things that might not have worked before (clearasil ... that type of stuff) will work better after accutane. Some go for a second round of accutane. Stats say a certain percent clear after one round of accutane ... a greater percentage after two rounds and so on and so forth. I don't remember the exact percentages. If you want to know them, I'm sure someone else around here knows or you could find it online.