Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janeiro21

I cannot believe Jessica Simpson!!

i was watching some sort of beauty secrets show on E!, and Jessica Simpson was walking down the red carpet with her hubby and was stopped to ask questions. Last I remembered, she was the spokesgirl for Proactiv Solution. Last I remember, I saw the infomercial like 3 days ago.

So the interviewer asked her what she does for her face, and she replied, "i did Accutane a few years ago and I haven't had one pimple since."

She soo doesn't even have Proactiv in her medicine cabinet.

I wish I could afford Acctuane. :(

Guest Poker-Butt

yea i said that a while back shes a phoney! since i saw that i knew proactiv was b.s. ....shes one of their main users...or so they say, and she used accutane for her acne obviously proavtiv if she ever used it didnt work 4 her

Yes, she is a big phoney!!!!!! Why is america sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo in love with her it is beyond me! Would you put horse poop on your face if she said it cleared her acne up? No, so why do people believe that she uses pro active? ITs because they pay her!!!!! Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out! Wake up people!

I know, it's so stupid. It's not like she needs anymore money and I don't get why on earth she would do that. She must know what it feels like to go through Acne if it bothered her enough to do Accutane.

By the way, does anyone know how Alecia Keys got such clear skin? Was it because of Proactive or did she do Accutane too?

By the way, does anyone know how Alecia Keys got such clear skin? Was it because of Proactive or did she do Accutane too?

I would like to know that one. She had alot of acne when she performed back in the early days. Now her skin is pretty clear.

I wish Proactive gets sued for their lies!!!!!! :evil:

I was so stupid to believe those proactive commercials that dermatologists Don't help only proactive does. What really made me believe was all of those before and after pics of people.

When Proactive didn't do jack #@# for me, I was so depressed, didn't have hope at all. It took me a long time to give doctors a chance. After several dermatology visits differin anti biotics did the trick for me.

yea i hear you. i have an inventory of Proactiv in my closet, and when i saw the new infomercial, i decided to take a break from the bp and do the 3 step regimen.

i guess puffy daddy, alicia keys, britney spears, and stephanie seymour are all avid users. i was convinced.

but i quickly snapped myself out of my hollywood state of mind and went out to buy another bottle of bp. :angel:

yea i hear you. i have an inventory of Proactiv in my closet, and when i saw the new infomercial, i decided to take a break from the bp and do the 3 step regimen.

i guess puffy daddy, alicia keys, britney spears, and stephanie seymour are all avid users. i was convinced.

but i quickly snapped myself out of my hollywood state of mind and went out to buy another bottle of bp. :angel:

I wish Proactiv had just "not done shit for me" Instead it ruined my skin beyond repair. Made my acne worse, gave me exczema. Now I have to just learn to live with the fact I am an unattractive person with all these god awful scars.

girl, i just saw your photos. you are way too pretty to be sounding so sad!!

i spent a lot of money on proactiv. i started when i was 18 and ended at about 20. it was really upsetting, cuz you see all those photos on the infomercial of people with worse faces than you, so you see no reason not to buy it.

the bp has really worked for me. i went through the dryness and i still have redness, but i'm willing to sacrifice temporary happiness for a long term cure.

intresting read i allways wondered how they got clear skin

so puffy daddy, alicia keys, britney spears, and stephanie seymour all used Accutane?

kanmi you aint "an unattractive person with all these god awful scars"

ive also just seen your pics and i bet men fall over you. Your hot :wub::wub::wub:

You would be pretty stupid to think Proactive improved the skin of those people..

I had some respect for Alicia Keys.. Great artist.. Now I know all the noble BS she spins in interviews is just that.. BS

When I saw Puffy on that commercial I burst out into laughter. What a joke. That pretty much sealed it for me - that they are all a fraud.

Edited by mr.mike

Guest Mish Mosh

silly greedy people. It annoys me that they are so insincere

Thankfully, Ive never even seen a single advert in the UK

ya i guess your right. p diddy is a multi gajillionaire. but spends $49.95/mo. on a face that millions of people see everyday? give me a break. :doh:

silly greedy people. It annoys me that they are so insincere

Thankfully, Ive never even seen a single advert in the UK

I take it you don't have sky TV Mishmosh? (lol) I live in the UK - Quite near you actually! I've seen pro-activ advertised on TV loads and in all my magazines! I was an idiot and bought it too. What a load of crap!!!

I think it's really mean that Jessica Simpson is cashing in on other peoples misery when she has had acne and has been through Roaccutane. What a joke!

I hope to use my knowlege to help other people, not cash in on it!

What a disgrace!

Mish mosh do u have msn?

Guest Mish Mosh

No I dont have Sky TV and havent seen it in magazines - probably cos Im a bit old for the target market

No Im not on MSN either . sorry!

Companies that use celebs as models usually pay them alot of money and ask them to try it once to "LEGALLY" advertise there claims that the product works.

Guest james11

Doesn't proactive use 2.5% BP gel? Isn't the regimen the same or higher? How is it that Proactive ruins your skin but the regimen doesn't? I always read posts about red, flaking, burning skin from the regimen but no one is claiming it to have ruined thier skin. Bottom line is that applying chemicals, be it in small amounts, will have effects on the skin! And sometimes they may be adverse.

I don't endorse the use of large companies using celebrities to trick the public, however i'm sure proactive does work for some people.

MY outlook on acne medication is, if u have to have some big name celebrity (preferrably 3 or 4 celebs) then ur product is prolly bs :P

Guest james11

Dan has a somewhat celebrity status on this website! At the end of the day we have no way of knowing exactly what people have done to clear thier Acne.

Dan has a somewhat celebrity status on this website! At the end of the day we have no way of knowing exactly what people have done to clear thier Acne.

in the end, experimenting with products is the only sure-fire way to treat it :P

Take infomercials with a big grain of salt. Most of what they sell on TV isn't so much junk, as much as overpriced and overhyped. My favorite commercial is for Ionic Breeze Air Purifiers. Classic example of hype. You can buy the same air purifiers for about a third of the cost of what they are selling them for, and they work about as good (yeah, they do sort of work, but an electret vent filter on an AC is much better).

It doesn't surprise me that Jessica Simpson used accutane instead. Though I think it was rather irresponsible for her dermatologist to perscribe it for her when there are other first-line treatments that are safer, but then, she has lots of money and probably would pout over a single zit (that's how celebrities, esp. female celebrities, are).

oh come on you really think Jess Simpson has such nice skin with proactiv?!!?!?! ahahahhahaha! proactiv makes your face red, flaky and doesnt get rid of all the spots. im not surprised she used accutane, the best acne treatment there is!