Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FLATS

how long do I HAVE to be on this stuff?

So far I've been on Isotretinoin for about a month and my face seems to have become alot better, what I'm wondering is if it is okay to quit after just one month? I've heard that usually people are on it for 3-6 months but, I honestly don't see the point if this is as clear as my face is going to get.

So far I've been on Isotretinoin for about a month and my face seems to have become alot better, what I'm wondering is if it is okay to quit after just one month? I've heard that usually people are on it for 3-6 months but, I honestly don't see the point if this is as clear as my face is going to get.

What? Have you actually listened to what your Derm has told you or the thousands of people on this board????? It's not just a one-month/week/day miracle drug mate, it takes time and effort and extreme patience. You might be clear now, but next week you could break out like hell. In fact, odds are you probably will in the next month.

The reason you need a full 6month course is so that the drug (a vita A compound) stays in your system once you've finished the course, thus prolonging the remission of acne. Just curious, holw old are you? This comes back to my 'Teenage VS Adult Acne' post and the clear misapprehension between the two.

You must stick with it for the full term unless you want your acne back, well do you???

Your face will continue to clear until you are CLEAR.

Stick with it, talk to your derm and do some more reading/research on the matter please. ;)

17 right now. and I know this is not a miracle drug, I understood that long before I even started taking the stuff. I guess it's just tha I'm starting to get really frustrated. Having to wake up 1 1/2 hour early every day just to fix your face might do that to some people. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to do my best to stick with it....Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me about the initial break out, I can't believe I forgot about that part.:P