Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ben100604

My odd case of shoulder acne

I've had facial acne for several years and I do get it on my back but I don't really take much notice of the bacne as I cant see it. Last year though, my facial acne started getting worse again and for the first time in my life, my shoulders started getting pustules and painful papules coming up. I'd never used any topicals for my shoulders and whether I was on or off oral antibiotics, I didn't break out in that area. So it was strange to see acne suddenly appearing there at 21. My facial acne was starting to really fucking upset me, so I went to see a derm and got prescribed differin to be applied to the face and also some oxytetracycline tablets. These cleared my facial acne up minimally, but at least there was some progress. The oxytetracycline tablets didn't seem to do anything for my shoulder acne, neither did the lymecycline that I was put on for a few months after 6 months of oxy. However, after I came off the antibiotics (about 4 months ago), my shoulders have barely broken out. I may get a few tiny pinhead sized red dots there, but no noticeable lesions. I was looking in the mirror the other day and thinking "where the hell did that acne suddenly come from and why did it disappear almost as quickly"??. It would be nice if my facial acne performed that trick, but oh well