Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oedipus

Would I have had Acne if I took care of my face better?

Ok the title is obvious, I know but hear me out.

I didnt develop acne till I was 18,19 like at all. And now I have it bad. I found out I have it in the family and my little sister is already showing signs of getting it bad so I know its in my genetics but my question is this.

I used to sit inside all day and play video games and counter-strike and watch movies. I was real depressed most of Highschool and didnt go out. But anyways I didnt wash or take care of my face at all. I would rinse it off with water that would be my face wash. Anyways, if I would have taken care of it at a younger age would it have not been as bad as it is now or would genetics still overcome and rape my face.

I know it doesnt matter now cause its in the past but Im very curious.

-Nick

emm i guess .. it can happen.

yea mabe if u didn't wash ur face..

it didnt get exfoliated so .. yea the dead skin

clogged up your pores?

causing you to break out?

oh n sumthin to do wit the

sebum oil on your skin too

like how much it got produced n stuff.

Edited by !@#$%

Its highly unlikely, because go around asking clear skin people if they even splash water on their faces and i'll bet more then half of them don't.

Its highly unlikely, because go around asking clear skin people if they even splash water on their faces and i'll bet more then half of them don't.

Genes suck.....

I highly doubt it. I didn't get acne until i was 17. I had a tiny bit when I was like 12, but it cleared up like a month on it's own. I hardly ever washed my face when I was a teenager. I'd pile on tons of makeup and sleep in it. I washed my face with water in the shower. I never broke out.

I only started caring about my skin when I went to college and all my roomates washed their faces, and put moisturizer on. Around that time I started getting pimples. Maybe it was lack of sleep, bad diet, drinking who knows. So I stated washing.... They just kept getting worse and worse....seven years later they're still here.....

If you don't have acne, and don't wash your face, nothing bad will happen. My boyfriend never washes his face, and never breaks out. All that time when I was a teenager I didn't wash or exfoliate. My skin was shedding normally, and my hormones weren't making my skin an oil slick....

I don't blame washing my face on my acne. I think it was just a coincidence, or maybe a change in lifestyle (way more stress....welcome to adulthood). Maybe my hormones got messed up....I still don't know....

I agree. its weird but i find days when i skip my regimen is when my skin looks healthiest and when i heal..if i keep it up for too long tho (the break from the regimen) thats when stuff seems to come back.

i dunno. it seems like an occasional regimen is what i need for my sensitive skin.

I don't think what you did in the past influences what you do now. your skin cells from high school have long ago been relplaced and besides, you're taking care of yourself now right? so that should be treating the current problem. the pimples we get go away the problem is their source which is inside and not sitting on the surface.

Guest charyan

i used to wonder if i could of evaded acne, when i was 11 i hardly washed my face even once, simply because i was lazy and didn't have enough time to wash and get to school, i always wondered if i washed my face then would i have postponed acne for a little while, but i dont think it would of made any difference. My family have all had acne so there was on avoiding it, thankfully we have accutane nowadays, cant imagine what it was like back when my dad was my age when there was nothing around.

i used to wonder if i could of evaded acne, when i was 11 i hardly washed my face even once, simply because i was lazy and didn't have enough time to wash and get to school, i always wondered if i washed my face then would i have postponed acne for a little while, but i dont think it would of made any difference. My family have all had acne so there was on avoiding it, thankfully we have accutane nowadays, cant imagine what it was like back when my dad was my age when there was nothing around.

charyan...

Next time you change your avatar, clear your browser history after the upload, so the transition will be instant.

Just a tip. ;)

Don't be so hard on yourself. Most people are destined for acne because of genetics.

I agree. I used to wash my face before I got acne, but I still got it, big time. I got it and my whole family had it. Usually you cant prevent it, you can only treat it.

LISTEN F*CK*RS!

You can be fastidious and scrub till your epidermis falls off, but acne has a hereditary component and no amount of washing will remove that!

I should know - I cleansed all the time and still got acne! Acne doesn't have much to do with dirt but with how your skin exfoliates abnormally and becomes plugged and infected by the SKIN cells and the existing bacteria present in everyone's skin.

THERE IS NO CURE FOR ACNE! There are only ways to control acne! I'm in my 40's and my acne is still severe! It got worse in my 20's and 30's!

Acne and personal hygiene is rather unrelated. Even though most people will tell you otherwise. Acne is more genetic than anything else, the only way I can see hygene being a factor is if you are using cleansers with comdegenic ingrediants.