Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

has anyone had really oily skin and clogged pores and got rid of it? i cant stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well gylcolic peels help unclog pores and release oil. Also you could try steaming your face for 10 mins twice a day, one in morning and once at night, that releases all that gunk the best.

I've tried tons of stuff to get rid of the oil, and really the best thing to do is just blot it with napkins or blotting sheets. My mother and grandfather tried their whole lives to get rid of their oily faces, but blotting has really been the only thing that has helped them as well. Also remember that oilyness will eventually die down as you get older, and it will help you get much less wrinkles as you age (so many people think my mom is in her late twenties, but really she's in her mid-40's). Just blot periodically and live with it. :D

For the last week I've been using a cleanser with a high percentage of oils followed by ACV as a toner and have had great results in treating my blackheads, which are almost invisible up close, which is a significant improvement from before when the blackheads on my nose were pretty visible even from a distance of a few feet (from my mirror lol).

erm, well I know there's like 8,356,921,345 reasons not to use it, but I've been using Noxema, mostly just because I like the way it feels, and in all honesty, I was thinking back to a good period my skin went through about two years ago, and I was using Noxema then too. So far as I can tell, no cleanser has ever cleared my skin, and this doesn't give me zits (although it may for some, everyone is different), it's dirt cheap, and I like the way it smells and feels. Anyway, my skin looks pretty good right now, and my black heads are nearly non-existant, so for now, I'll keep using it.

If there would have been any pore clogging, I think the ACV/witch-hazel/sawpalmetto/vitaminC mix I've been using as a toner probably helps to combat that and perhaps restore the acid mantle after washing. I think the pH of this is around 4.5, which is about the same as skin, so from what I've read that should be a good thing.

has anyone had really oily skin and clogged pores and got rid of it? i cant stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a product available on dermadoctor.com and skinstore.com called Clinac OC that is suppose to be very good for getting rid of oily skin and also you could get Tazorac prescription to help with clogged pores and oiliness or order Afirm it comes in three strengths (1,2x,3x) its available on both websites as well.

Salicylic Acid is the only thing that helped me with this problem. My skin was "congested" according to an esthetician, and the SA, since it's lipid soluble is able to exfoliate both the surface and into the pores to help clear it.

my case

-- benzoyl peroxide overly dried my face and i got nasty oil blotches it helped my zits and irratation from daily routine gave me more acne thanks to the harshness of benzoyle peroxide (basically the regimen)

-- cetaphil cleanser twice a day i got very oily in 2 to 3 hrs i dealt with it though (nothing but gentle cleansor)

-- nothing on my face in morning just water from shower. at night cetaphil with 2 minutes use of jess brush technique, (in day 30 secs of brush to wet face to get resdue and dead skin cells off face) first day face got oily in like 9 hrs, 2nd day 9 in half, 3rd day 10hrs so on

i have no zits and few spots that are clearing up and my face is in perfect unificaton. point im trying to prove LESS IS MORE ur face hates these products and a tip: ur hand probably gets very oily so dont touch ur face all day until you apply your cleansor, if u getting oily during the day use luke warm water but put your face under the fosett to cover ur face wipe ur eyes with towell and let the rest air dry.

Perfect skin and saving hundreds of dollars a year, PRICELESS

Edited by terryh