Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imbue

Maya, Anna and Stefany...after TCA and subscion?

Maya

I also would like to know about your regime for stretch marks?

Thanks so much,

Imbue

Hey Imbue

1. I am not best to advise about TCA since I haven't had that done - ask Anna or Stefany.

2. This is what I did after my subcision and N-lite 7 days ago -

Internal: took arnica pills (to help with bruising) and took Bromelain enzymes (to deal with swelling) - this totally worked.. I only had swelling for 2 days and I had no bruising at all!!!!

External - first 3 days (1 hour after the procedure), I covered my face in copper peptides and emu oil (both from skinbiology) every 2 hours. From day 4 onwards, I added retin-a as well (at night) and also dabbed with diluted cider vinegar in the mornings (as a toner).

My skin is looking pretty good - I was able to apply makeup after a couple of days, and even without it, no one would've known I'd had subcision done.

3. Stretchmarks (on stomach only) - glycolic acid peel 40% every 5 days or so, night time, I apply skin biology trireduction P&R with retinol, sometimes emu oil in the mornings. There is a definate reduction in the stretchmarks (around 30% in 1 month so far) - I am red on my stomach though, but I expect that will subside after a month of not using glycolic peels.

4. About pigmentation - the subcision needles are very fine, I don't think you will have any problem there. And TCA shouldn't cause you any pigmentation problems as it just promotes collagen growth.

Hope that helps :D

Thanks Maya you are a big help as always!

I think I will just change this thread title to address anna and stefany too...hehe

My doctor instructed me to use Bacitracin or Aquaphor directly after the CROSS treatments. I dab this on my treated areas until the scabs come off on their own---usually 6-7 days. Then I begin using Retin-A nightly. This really helps prevent hyperpigmentation. After about two weeks, I then incorporate my 2% salicylic acid treatment to my regimen. I don't use anything else besides sunscreen. Currently, I am using Daywear Plus from Estee Lauder.

Maya don't you also use a derma roller with the tri-reduction cream? Which one do you use?

I don't use the dermaroller that often - and the tri-reduction, I only use it on my stomach - broke me out when I tried it on my face.

I don't use the dermaroller that often - and the tri-reduction, I only use it on my stomach - broke me out when I tried it on my face.

Where did you buy the dermaroller?