Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acneman

20mg weekly Accutane dose = 2.5 mg daily dose?

Do you get the same effect of taking 20mg of Accutane once a week as 2.5mg per day? Maybe taking a very small daily dose rather than taking a relatively larger once a week dose beneficial since I would think the Accutane would be in the bloodstream all throughout the week?

Do you get the same effect of taking 20mg of Accutane once a week as 2.5mg per day? Maybe taking a very small daily dose rather than taking a relatively larger once a week dose beneficial since I would think the Accutane would be in the bloodstream all throughout the week?

Only 20mg a week? That seems weird considering most people take 3X/4X that per DAY

I've been trying to get an answer to this as well. There's a doctor who sometimes posts to the board (his login name is Dermpro), and he mentioned that it wouldn't make any difference if I took 40mg per week or 2 X 20mg.

I don't think it matters. But then I'm curious why some people are on 10mg per day instead of just taking 2 40mg pills or something. It would be much cheaper. I don't know why they would prescribe it in daily microdoses. Except in the case of Rosacea where the big dose can supposedly irritate their eyes.

Good luck

Paul