Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Cubsfan

should i start up a website?

Guest Cubsfan

so i'm thinking of starting up a website like acne.org but just focusing on diet and acne/health (non-profit of course). I think this website is cool and all but its too biased towards benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide may kill the bacteria but it doesn't address the root cause of acne, thats why some people can beat acne with bp but are still left with oily skin. Acne is simply a sympton of a poor diet.

what do you guys think? should I? or shouldn't I

I just need 50 votes of support and I'll get it up and running after new years :)

Guest pokerbugg

its not a symptom of poor diet....it COULD be for some people not all

for some its irregular hormones

for others its excessive clogging of pores(by improper exfoliation) which leads to acne (me) IMP

u cant generalize something as complicated a s acne

but go for it, why not?

if you beleive in something go for it. I for one don't see the link between food/acne unless its an actual allergy but if you believe in something strongly go for it!

My recommendation tho is that many people take the dieting thing too hardcore and can start to starve themselves so you'd have to moniter your community pretty carefully....perhaps you could convince a nutritionist to email updates on their health findings just so you have someobody to refer to when the questions get rough?

Guest Cubsfan

if you beleive in something go for it. I for one don't see the link between food/acne unless its an actual allergy but if you believe in something strongly go for it!

My recommendation tho is that many people take the dieting thing too hardcore and can start to starve themselves so you'd have to moniter your community pretty carefully....perhaps you could convince a nutritionist to email updates on their health findings just so you have someobody to refer to when the questions get rough?

ta, the reason why i believe diet is the only root cause of acne is because not even one Kitavan from PNG has acne, and the only difference is their diet, a fact i can't deny. i have connections to a few respected doctors i'm sure they can help me out if I asked :angel:

Guest james11

Do you think that another thing which these PNG residents don't share with us is different genes? Maybe less stress too.

I'm all for your website though, anything to get Acne out there.

Do it, do it, do it...However, I get to be a moderator if you have a forum. :D *teehee*

Guest Tinky

That's a GREAT idea!!!! I agree that there is bias towards meds on this site. Having a diet board would be

nice and you could organize it so much better than just a bunch of threads thrown all together!! Post a link

when you get it up and running so we will know to stop by!!! Start with a free hosting service first...untill you

know if it will take off or not. Good luck!!!!

:clap:

yeah definately make a website if u think it explains stupidity in us which i see in alot of people on this website i woulda been one a month ago thats for sure,,,,for me im learning there are so many variables of why we have acne and the thing im learning is the more u put on ur face and hair and hands the more acne i get and ofcourse this website does atleast state proper washing methods and shaving methods. little facts of health so on but for a good amount of us less is more but someone has a break out and they are like more more more, kill kill kill asap. as for misleading i dont think so its just people seem resistant to learning whats not on this site so make your site for sure

Guest Cubsfan

alrightyos then...thats about 50 votes :shifty: .... i'll host the party and yous are all invited.

Guest Cubsfan

I'll get it up and running by around mid-january

okay throw me some ideas on what you want the website to be about. Here are some ideas I came up with over the week:

- let the website be controlled by the people and for the people (sort of like an open source software concept)

- have the following sections: an anti-acne diet, internal cleansing (colonic hydrotherapy, liver flush), recipes, natural diet for pets, body building, exercise, acne scars, natural & organic living, dairy sucks, christianity,

- invite special guests like nutritionists, docs, health experts to answer our questions and they can get free advertising in return

- let you guys write the articles

- the central theme is centered around an organic whole foods diet, internal cleansing and exercise

- it will biased against processed food, medication, skincare products, dairy & animal protein :D

....alright throw them at me

all those are good.....i do see alot of sites what you stated. as for the people as a whole in this day in era they want something fast and are impatient. and would wanna give up after seeing things like hyrdotherapy, and liver flushes. cause certainly thats not them or its just a big word and would cost them way to much money. with the open forum room on this site there are alot of yay sayers to the ongoing crap of acne products, and they may be brutal to ur site dissing their product. and they may see it as ur pushing this upon them. this is america they can be very cynical to ur website.

with that said the people who are heading in the direction will love ur website....who knows what percentage that is.....now it leaves you to how can i get these cynical people on the right stepping stone. a few suggestions... how the cycle of over the counter medications works, learning how to get off the cycle, seeing where u fit in where what you eat and do to ur body with abuse to ur daily routines as in jobs. outdoors, indoors, strenous and lazy jobs so on.... a percentage change in organic foods and processed and the benifits you can be seeing....like show the real nutrients ur getting in certain organic foods to the same regular foods. if heredatary is in majority of why we have acne?... i was thinking bringing in the growing number of acne from teens to adults with the growing number of product we love to try. (how the cycle begins in my opinion) and the bad habits that we neglect. vitamin facts such as vitamin D helps depression though to much isnt good for you, but sunlight has vitamin D. so yeah over the years as i have grown these is what has moved me in the right direction and which some of the things we do to ourselves should be brought to conviction.

as for what you stated is great topics and truth...i love the fact u brought up body building and the thin craze especially in women. im sure u can put all that you stated in this site. just a fact people love a site for the people and nothing for a sale look how myspace.com has grown and this site is a big website. now you have alot of topic matter, id like to see ur website in sections to help a person grow because thats our real ultimate goal in life...and (for experts and what not and free advertising is good i just woulndt wanna see it like a bot site that really turns me off)

in conclusion this is the website i would love to see because there are so many variables to acne and our health. many of us dont know where we really lie in our acne and our health cause we dont know where to start or get off our addictions. with you starting this website you are one person and with the power of the internet and with ur knowledge and other peoples knowledge we can find real truth. our ultimate goal is to evolve in seeking truth. a website can certainly help in looking foreward to free acne, growing organic and cheaper organic, less sicness, less cancers, and less chemical use in our product for Gods sake FDA!!! Lets change the stock markets crap upon crap. So back to the start making a website i hope it has truth, opinion, reasoning, new found hidden truth, change, and growth.

Guest Cubsfan

alright so summarising your main points:

- you don't want over corporatisation of the website.....totally agree! so we'll be biased against corporatisation, (rupert murdoch bought out myspace.com btw) how about add in bias against the government :lol2: .

- you feel people may take their diets to extremeties and may end up doing more harm than good to themselves like becoming anorexic

- you're worried about narrow minded people and cynics....so we'll just provide the info and let people decide for themselves what they should and shouldn't put in their own mouths.

- write an article on vitamin D and sunshine

- you want a website with simple info so even a 10 year old with acne can read and understand it.

- collective intelligence is greater than any single man's intelligence (yes it is),

- our goal is to seek the truth together.

pretty much yes... those are just examples though that came to my head and for bringing in people i just would like to see it bring in the blind the "10 yr olds" people who have their addictions (the blind) making small changes a good introduction helps that too. then you will have people in the middle and people who are who are having a high level of knowledge to help guide you such as what you said nutrienists. as for me im somewhere in there i cant tell u where im at but i stopped the otc acne treatment abuse. and if i see something as like this you need to take these pills to cleanse yourself im not going to buy into it im a big skeptic.(i seen this on a infomercial last night) its like why are drugs in the stock market its like a great way to monopolized and the long term side effects with these newly created pills. ofcourse ur against chemical usage so am I. Id like to see maybe a guideline in how u can help cleanse ur body, with out having to go to your doctor. i mean small things you can do because everyone should know how their body is reacting and bring up what foods you have ate over the years and see where you may have put damage to ur body that could bring them to see a nutrienist i guess. and maybe people will start seeing more and more success stories to start a movement. government wants us to be single minded and surpressed sure makes us rich with money but in america we still have freedom and we should take control of our freedom in taking a stand in something you truely believe. thus my outlook is to seek the truth together, exactly! I repeat myself on this website because i wanna see change. The only thing that is created on earth today is evil, good has existed since the beginning of mankind and cannot be created!!!

good luck with your website cubsfan maybe the cubs will win next year looks like they are next in line haha

Guest Tinky

I'll get it up and running by around mid-january

okay throw me some ideas on what you want the website to be about. Here are some ideas I came up with over the week:

- let the website be controlled by the people and for the people (sort of like an open source software concept)

- have the following sections: an anti-acne diet, internal cleansing (colonic hydrotherapy, liver flush), recipes, natural diet for pets, body building, exercise, acne scars, natural & organic living, dairy sucks, christianity,

- invite special guests like nutritionists, docs, health experts to answer our questions and they can get free advertising in return

- let you guys write the articles

- the central theme is centered around an organic whole foods diet, internal cleansing and exercise

- it will biased against processed food, medication, skincare products, dairy & animal protein :D

....alright throw them at me

:clap::clap: I love all these ideas!!!!

so i'm thinking of starting up a website like acne.org but just focusing on diet and acne/health (non-profit of course). I think this website is cool and all but its too biased towards benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide may kill the bacteria but it doesn't address the root cause of acne, thats why some people can beat acne with bp but are still left with oily skin. Acne is simply a sympton of a poor diet.

what do you guys think? should I? or shouldn't I

I just need 50 votes of support and I'll get it up and running after new years :)

Thats kinda ridiculous, no offense. To say acne is a symptom of poor diet is a sweeping generalization and kind of infuriating for those of us with GREAT diets. Ive gone from eating tons of fast food, steaks and potatoes almost every night, tons of dairy and VERY little vegetables, to being a vegetarian, little dairy, hardley ANY sweets, and tons of fruits and vegetables, as well as being on probiotics and all the right vitamins. Guess what? VERY little difference in my skin. Im a lot healthier though, which Im grateful for, but dont you tell me anything about bad diet. PLenty of people I know eat like crap and have perfect skin. Its hormones, its genetics, and benzoyl peroxide can fix your skin. Its the only thing thats ever really helped me.