Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
isthatpoisonivy

not sure if this is right board but oh well...

ok ive been red for over a year. differen made me pink, then i was burnt multiple times on it and my skin has been red ever since. ive also done a ton of stupid shit to my face, like washed with dial antibacterial (holy redness batman!)...

its gotten to the point that i dont even care about the pimples or even the oilyness...

i just want a normal skin tone dammit!

im not sure why the redness wont go away...

most people just think that my skin is always like this, and it pisses me off because once upon a time i had a good complection. i look like ive had a sunburn for like 2 years now. im 17 btw.

ok enough bitchin...

i just need somebody to tell me-

1) the diff between broken capilaries and roseacea.

2) how i can tell if i have roseaca or broken capilarries.

3) what causes rosacea/broken capilarriies.

4) is there such thing as permanant redness, if so, what causes it.

5) what can i do to get rid of the redness?

btw ive looked for this info at rosacea.org (sp? wjatever who cares) and it didnt really help me at all so if ur gonna be one of those assholes that just posts a link, then ur not helping.

for about a month, ive been doing the no water, just cetaphil on a dry face thing... it works ok i guess. no big zits, gentle cleansing, and oil not as bad (might jsut be the colder weather though), and in the morning i apply nicomide t cream... cant really tell if its doing anything for the redness though.

before this regimin i was using retin-a and triaz 3%, got me clear but didnt do shit for redness or oilyness.

sorry for hte long post, but i guess its better than 5 or 6 diff topics...

thanks.

azelaic acid is supposed to be used for rosacea redness. as far as knowing the diff between broken capillaries and such, sorry cant help. some people say rosacea is related to diet, maybe you should eat more fruits/ drink more water and junk. if you're doing anything to your face at present, stop. dont use anything for 2 weeks. i know its hard, but you probably will see a difference.

Guest pokerbugg

i hear the face doctor soap works well for rosacea

search it on the board....do u have a dog?

no dog.

right now i use cetaphil w/o water every night before bed and the nicomide in the morning after a shower, try not to let the water touch my face...

im thinking about stopping the nicomide cream because i havnt really noticed any diff.

Broken capilaries and rosacea are two different things, though people with rosacea often times have broken capilaries as well. Broken caps are those little tiny red veins around the nose and on the cheeks that some people get.. Rosacea is a condition where you have red skin just about all the time.

You should look into the vbeam laser, it gets rid of all the redness in the face. If you can't afford it, then try the new Eucerin products for redness, they even send you samples if you go to their website.

Good luck.

Guest james11

Sounds like you have some vascular scarring too. Damaged blood vessels from pimples and harsh treatment of skin. This is the redness left after a pimple. Look into some IPL or XEO Collagenesis. Sunscreen is a must too! The redness can dissepate with time and good care of the skin.

Skin Doctors has a product for broken capillaries called "Capillary Clear" and a lot of other tropical treatments are available for it... does any of them work? Anyone ever tried them? Btw, I have those broken capillaries around the nose that Takara mentioned, it's really annoying.

i did some search engine research and ended up with 2 treatments that i'm willing to try, both are around $40.

I'm trying Cutanix at the moment, 3rd day in. They claim to fade away the symptoms of rosacea, which is redness. I read some information about it and they seem to add up so I'm giving them a shot. If it fails, I'm going to return it and get Anon's Anew laser system. It's a home-laser treatment that comes with its own post-laser moisturizer. Read a review about it by 6 users, 1 were allergic to it but she said she did notice the broken capillaries fade before she had to stop using it, 1 said didn't work, all the others said they saw good results within 2 weeks.

i think i remember reading somewhere that accutane was sometimes used for rosacea.

i cant imagine accutane helping the redness at all though.

if it does help its probably in small doses right? seems like this would be perfect for me with all of my oiliyness/small bumps.

anybody know if accutane actually helps rosacea?

i doubt it. accutane is for people with severe acne right? if they won't use it for people with light acne, i'm sure they won't be using it for something its not made for.

ok ive been red for over a year. differen made me pink, then i was burnt multiple times on it and my skin has been red ever since. ive also done a ton of stupid shit to my face, like washed with dial antibacterial (holy redness batman!)...

its gotten to the point that i dont even care about the pimples or even the oilyness...

most people just think that my skin is always like this, and it pisses me off because once upon a time i had a good complection. i look like ive had a sunburn for like 2 years now. im 17 btw.

ok enough bitchin...

btw ive looked for this info at rosacea.org (sp? wjatever who cares) and it didnt really help me at all so if ur gonna be one of those assholes that just posts a link, then ur not helping.

for about a month, ive been doing the no water, just cetaphil on a dry face thing... it works ok i guess. no big zits, gentle cleansing, and oil not as bad (might jsut be the colder weather though), and in the morning i apply nicomide t cream... cant really tell if its doing anything for the redness though.

before this regimin i was using retin-a and triaz 3%, got me clear but didnt do shit for redness or oilyness.

thanks.

i had the exact problem as you. I kept a log on this and it really helped.

Also, igotmyphilosophy kept a log on it as well as she had the same problem.

For me the most important thing was laying off the complicated products, washing w/ purpose or basis antibacterial, avoiding the sun and eating well.

It took me 4 months to get my skin tone back to some semblance of normalcy btw, so you ahve to be patient!

ok enough bitchin...

thanks.

i doubt u have rosacea. you're too young and secondly, since u were normal before the differin, the redness is probably b/c of the products. Also RAM *causes* redness, it certainly won't reduce it any.

thx for the help mouse potato and verini!

i stopped using differin for about a year now...

ive been doing nohting but cetaphil cleanser for about 2 months. instead of using the nicomide t cream, i use the pills. easier for me plus its just one less chemical i put on my face.

Guest willxzero

wow i have the same problem as you! i feel for you poison, i wish i could find something that works. my cheeks are red and super oily with little acne. If you find a solution please let me know.