Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zeljo4never

When did you first start to get ance?

For me I started getting like 1 or 2 pimples around 9th grade and my acne went full blown by the last semester of 10th grade now its just mild, when did you start getting it?

what the fuck are grades?

i first started getting spots when the lovely time of puberty started, in year 9 (um..age...13) but it was only the occasional couple of spots...til year 10 (age 14) in October...oh...so 4years ago now...i was in Rome with my family...one day, my skin was ok..suddenly, i started to break out all over my forehead (stuck in Rome with no proper cleansers or makeup!)..and they havent really stopped til 3weeks ago.

shit.what a waste of my life.

I started getting acne at 12/13 years old. I had it really bad back then, however I didn't care. But now that I am in 12th grade and still have it, even if it is not as bad and just mild to moderate, it REALLY bothers me now. I've been going to the doctors for this since I was 12/13 though, just didn't feel ugly because of it or let it run my life like I do now. Weird.

It started when I was 13, just a couple of pimples, and then about a couple months after I turned 14 I hit "acne" and now its back to just a couple of pimples but tons and tons of red marks.

I remember I had maybe two or three pimples when I was 12. They went away really quick, so it didn't bother me. But sometime about 1/4 of the way through 13, I got smacked with acne. I didn't even see it coming. It was so strange because it happened so quickly. It was really bad when I was fourteen for quite a few months. I started to see a derm when it got worse. I have it under control very well now, thanks to tetracycline :)

:cry: I remember when I was like 10-12 years old I started getting small bumps on my cheeks and forehead, then 13-16 was hell. 17-19 wasn't that bad, and I thought it would soon go away BUT NO IT DID NOT! Last August I started breaking out again below the chin, and now it's on both cheeks and it's like bigger zits than before. Argh!!!!!!!! by the way, I'm 20 now and in college.

mines started when I was in the seventh grade. it first started with a really small pimple, like one forming a week and then gradually getting worse until the condition is moderate :(

Don't you just wish now, that we could go back in time and start taking care of our skin before our ance started?

If you went on accutane a second time, even though your clear.. would it prevent it coming back for even longer? I was thinking of getting my peels out the way so ive got no scars or red-marks left (ive already been off it for about 8 months) so in a bout 2 more even though ill hopefully still be clear I might just go on it anyway so that I wont have to worry about it re-appearing for at least another year.

I could always wait until its come back.. but then its too late if youve got to order it and stuff it could take just 3 days to be back with full blown acne and then ill be stuck with red marks all over again having to pay out for peels.

Btw Id be ordering it off the net I know full well the derm wont give it me if im clear

I don't know, I've never taken accutane, but from what I heard its really tough on your skin. Though, I would definetly NOT :naughty: use any acne product on my skin if its clear, except of course when you wash you skin 2 times everyday;) Also I think if your skin is cleared, live it up :dance: Cause, sadly you don't know how long it be clear. Though If I was in your position, I would simply just wash 2 times a day, and use aloe ver gel every night and when a pimple pops up just put some benzoyl peroxide on it and watch it die! :lol2:

Guest pokerbugg

when i turned 19 and started working as a waitress...

For me I started getting like 1 or 2 pimples around 9th grade and my acne went full blown by the last semester of 10th grade now its just mild, when did you start getting it?

in 6th grade I got really bad acne, then I cleared it up with proactiv...then proactiv stopped working. so then I went to my dermatologist...and right now it's very mild, with some redmarks.

I got it in 7th grade when I was 12, It was only on my forehead, but it was pretty bad, though looking back, I'd do anything to have that skin right now :(

I forget when it was that it started to migrate down to my cheeks, but now my forehead is relatively clear and my cheeks are rotten. At least if it was on my foreheadI could just cut bangs and cover it. :(

Summer holidays when I was 15 going on 16, started year 10 with what turned into mild acne. I'm 20 now, it cleared up about 1yr ago. My skin looks great, I get complimented on it regulary, funnily enough thanks to the information on this site. I no longer follow the regimen but I follow my own skin care regimen using a gentle clenser & moisturizing daily. I look back and thank acne(I guess that's why I visit every few months albeit more frequently recently, acne-envy lol), the people and the information on this site made my skin what it is today.