Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iyemstoopid

my accutane experience.

Hi!

I used to visit this site a lot, especially when I was around 14 -15 years old and found some good information, and decided to visit back so see how everything was going. I finished my treatment of accutane about 1 year ago, (16 now) and would like to report my results. I was very nervous at first, and even when I was on it I was scared, because I ran cross country and track. My acne was horrible, it started around 13, on my forehead at first, and slow my cheeks, chin, nose everywhere. I think I had the worst acne in the school without a doubt. By the end of my treatment, my acne had gotten so much better, and most certainly there was a huge difference. My cross country season was great, and today I haven't had any breakouts as bad I used to, now gettting usually one to two pimples at the most. I also feared for my height a lot, because of things I heard. I was 5'9 at the time, and now am 5'10.5 so it certainly did not affect me. And for the time of treatment, of course very dry skin, and lips, but it was very much worth it in the end. sorry I dont have pictures to share, now I just have red scars still, and some permanent scarring which I would like to get rid of, but I can't complain. Its really all worth it in the long run, just keep working against it, and be patient.

good luck to everyone.

That is good news to hear! I am also skeptical about trying Accutane since I keep hearing "life threatening" stories about the treatment. Instead of taking a stomach churning birth control pill, I might give Accutane a try thanks to your success! If I don't loose a hand or grow another foot, I'll let you know how it works. (Well, I guess if I grow another foot that wouldn't impair me from keeping in touch, now would it?)

Thanks again!

Hi!

I used to visit this site a lot, especially when I was around 14 -15 years old and found some good information, and decided to visit back so see how everything was going. I finished my treatment of accutane about 1 year ago, (16 now) and would like to report my results. I was very nervous at first, and even when I was on it I was scared, because I ran cross country and track. My acne was horrible, it started around 13, on my forehead at first, and slow my cheeks, chin, nose everywhere. I think I had the worst acne in the school without a doubt. By the end of my treatment, my acne had gotten so much better, and most certainly there was a huge difference. My cross country season was great, and today I haven't had any breakouts as bad I used to, now gettting usually one to two pimples at the most. I also feared for my height a lot, because of things I heard. I was 5'9 at the time, and now am 5'10.5 so it certainly did not affect me. And for the time of treatment, of course very dry skin, and lips, but it was very much worth it in the end. sorry I dont have pictures to share, now I just have red scars still, and some permanent scarring which I would like to get rid of, but I can't complain. Its really all worth it in the long run, just keep working against it, and be patient.

good luck to everyone.

[/quote