Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chickcorea

get it cleared once and for all

it's been a fairly controversial subject, and i'm just wanting to know the truth. well, as close to it as i can get by your comments. how effective is accutane in the treatment of moderate acne (not particulary deep, with perhaps one to two deep ones at a given time)? you know, more so the surface acne. comments should NOT take into consideration prior medication (believe me, i've tried it all...antibio and topical).

also, is the initial outbreak solely dependent on how severe you acne was to begin with? would a non-cystic person develop cystic, etc? break out in places there has never been acne before? thanks

it's been a fairly controversial subject, and i'm just wanting to know the truth. well, as close to it as i can get by your comments. how effective is accutane in the treatment of moderate acne (not particulary deep, with perhaps one to two deep ones at a given time)? you know, more so the surface acne. comments should NOT take into consideration prior medication (believe me, i've tried it all...antibio and topical).

Works just as well for moderate acne as severe acne, or mild acne (as far as I know).

also, is the initial outbreak solely dependent on how severe you acne was to begin with? would a non-cystic person develop cystic, etc? break out in places there has never been acne before? thanks

You'll probably break out less than a peson with severe acne, but you may get acne in new areas. Nobody can tell you for sure. If it's only moderate then it shouldn't be a cystic breakout at least.

Good luck!

I don't know what the answer is. Tomorrow I'm going to the derm to ask - plead - for accutane to deal with my acne. I have mild, flaring to moderate, acne, which is reasonably controlled on Mino and topicals. However, I'm 24 turning 25 and need to finally rid myself of this plight.

Personally, I think accutane is the only real answer for those living with persistant acne in their 20's.

true, very true. persistant is the key word. my acne has been medicated since freshman year of high school, and i am now a senior. granted, there have been times of relative clearness, but i have never had a clear face. it's time to get over this.

Im not exagerating but i am on the EXACT same boat with u guys!

I am slowly moderately severe and i was at a pharmacy with a perscription ready! the pharmacist knew my mom and convinced her not to get me accutane cuz i wasnt severe enough!

i got so mad! ppl who has severe acne and uses accutane will get way better skin than ppl who has mild/moderate acne neways. Why cant we use it if the results are the same?! I know both the risks and possible outcome and i am ready to be responsible for everything, WHY CANT THEY LET ME TAKE IT!!

It works very well to reduce abundance, and size, of acne. Look in my profile for my article on "microdosing," that may be your best option.