Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justtired

Good derm in Los Angeles? (for treating scars)

Hi, I would really appreciate it if anyone knew of a great dermatologist in the Los Angeles area who treats acne scars. I would like someone who uses all forms of treatment, so they won't be biased when suggesting a course of action. Thank you much in advance.

Might want to look into Dr. David M. Duffy. He's also assistant clinical prof. at USC. Another is Nicholas Lowe in Santa Monica.

Justtired, I was wondering the same thing. I posted that question on here a while back, but now I can't archive my old posts. Anyways, every doctor I've gone to around here is all about lasers, and trust me, they don't really work that well. I would really like to go to an actual Dermatologist for the scars rather than these cosmetic surgeons who don't really specialize in acne scars. Let me know if you find a good Derm and I'll do the same.

Hi, falnhart,

What are these two doctors' specialties? (laser, dermabrasion, tca cross...etc) Have they treated you in the past? Do they have their own web sites?

Have a nice day

JL

Might want to look into Dr. David M. Duffy. He's also assistant clinical prof. at USC. Another is Nicholas Lowe in Santa Monica.

Jen, I haven't been treated by these doctors, although I've consulted with Dr. Lowe. He's a well known dermatologist, has written articles, chapters, etc.., assis. clinical prof. at UCLA, and has practices in London and Santa Monica (he's from England, though). When I saw him early last year, he promised me 70% improvement with New-Fill (Sculptra) which was not FDA approved yet but could have gotten it in London. I had an appt. with Dr. Duffy but cancelled it because I decided on Dr. Yarborough. Duffy has similar qualifications to Lowe, and his primary specialty is cosmetic dermatology. I believe he's big on fillers, primarily microdroplet silicone. I think in the past he wrote anti-silicone articles, but have jumped in the bandwagon as of late due to its safety. Not sure if Lowe or Duffy specialize in anything else, but they're well respected so prob. should check into it.

Hi, falnhart,

What are these two doctors' specialties? (laser, dermabrasion, tca cross...etc) Have they treated you in the past? Do they have their own web sites?

Have a nice day

JL

I would suggest Dr. Sire in Fullerton, CA. I think he is great.

http://www.advancedlaserdermatology.com/index.php

He sounds like a nice doctor and I like that skin assesnnent they offer but does he do scar treatnnents like subcision, and cutting out scars. Ha/e you had treatnnents done by hinn?

He offers scar treatments, but not subcision I think.

I had saline injections done which helped a great deal, he is the only doctor that performs it.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=50475

Hi, I would really appreciate it if anyone knew of a great dermatologist in the Los Angeles area who treats acne scars. I would like someone who uses all forms of treatment, so they won't be biased when suggesting a course of action. Thank you much in advance.

You may find this website helpful.It tells what procedures the doctor uses.

http://asds-net.org/find.html