Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Olive_Leaf

what should I get at a health food story

hey everyone! I just got a $100 gift certificate for a health food story. Thay also sale oils, face wash, ect there. So I was thinking that I can get some stuff that I don't usually get because its to pricey. I have whiteheads, zits, redmarks and blackheads, oh and a little scarring. If you have any sugestions for what all I have please let me know :)

thanks a lot!

Olivia

Honestly?

I'd recommend you buy these 3 things which have worked extremely well for me.

Nature's way Hair & Skin herb (it has MSM, probiotics and digestive supplements) 17$

Acid Cidar Vinegar 6$

Extra virgin Coconut oil 6$

and if you have to spend it all in one shot, these are always good to have..

Vitamin C

Cod liver oil

Flax seed

And if you want to try something more expensive...

Try Primal Defense antifungal

If you're a guy, you could always add saw palmetto as it helps to regulate your hormones.

Now honestly 100$ is a lot, hopefully you can spread that out over more than 1 shopping spree.

Hey thanks for the replys. The coupon is for a small health food store thats in my town. I don't know if I have to speend it all in one trip, I hope not. Whats the coconut oil good for and how do you use/take it?

Thanks!

Coconut oil helps with candida (which almost all acne sufferers have) and eases sugar spikes. Taking coconut oil regularly has helped me immensely! If ever I eat a lot of sweets, then I immediately take more coconut oil to negate the effects. (Beforehand, as soon as I took a lot of sweets, I would break out the next day, now I don't.)

The usage is simple, you take one teaspoon of it (raw) in the morning and one teaspoon of it in the evening (not too late, it gives you energy!)

I usually take a teaspoon, let the coconut oil melt in my mouth and then swallow. Some people have claimed to be cured by that alone but it takes a bit more ;)

Basically, it has the same effects as Olive leaf extract when figthing candida BUT I have found that olive leaf extract is stronger but stops working after 2 weeks.... you can take coconut oil indefinately. (not to mention that it helps with sugar spikes too!)

ok I'll get some coconut oil, it sounds good and I really like coconuts does it tastes the same? You all are giving me some good stuff to get, but the only thing is I all ready have most of it :wall:

Hey i suggest you get tamanu oil for scarring and inflammation. 2oz will run you about $11.

Tamanu’s Healing Powers

Tamanu oil possesses a unique capacity to promote the formation of new tissue, thereby accelerating wound healing and the growth of healthy skin. This process is known as cicatrization. For this reason, it is a widely used traditional topical aid. In Pacific island folk medicine, tamanu oil is applied liberally to cuts, scrapes, burns, insect bites and stings, abrasions, acne and acne scars, psoriasis, diabetic sores, anal fissures, sunburn, dry or scaly skin, blisters, eczema, herpes sores, and to reduce foot and body odor. Tamanu oil is also massaged into the skin to relieve neuralgia, rheumatism and sciatica. Tamanu oil is employed by Polynesian women for promoting healthy, clear, blemish-free skin, and is also used on babies to prevent diaper rash and skin eruptions.

Calophyllum inophyllum is indigenous to Southeast Asia, but is profuse in Polynesia. The tree grows up to 25 or even 30 meters in height, with long, spreading limbs. The tree trunk is typically thick with dark, cracked bark. The tamanu branches are covered with shiny, dark green oval leaves, and small white flowers with yellow centres. The blossoms give off a delightful, sweet perfume. The fruit of the tree, about the size of an apricot, has a thin flesh and a large nut hull inside.

Yet the tamanu nut is a botanical oddity. When the fruits of the tree are collected and cracked open, the blond nut kernel inside contains no apparent oil. But when the kernel dries on a rack for a month or so, it turns a deep, chocolate brown, and becomes sticky with a rich, pleasant-smelling oil. Using a simple screw press, the oil is squeezed from the dark kernels. The resulting oil of tamanu is dark green and luxurious. Though oil of tamanu is thick and rich, once it is applied to skin it is readily and completely absorbed, leaving no oily residue.

Traditionally oil of tamanu has enjoyed topical use in Fiji for relieving the pain of sciatica, shingles, neuralgia, rheumatism and leprous neuritis, for which it is effective. In 1918, researchers associated with the French Pharmacopoeia began research into tamanu for topical and subcutaneous use. The French researchers quickly became impressed by tamanu’s cicatrizing properties. In the French medical literature on tamanu oil, several instances of its successful use in cases of severe skin conditions have been reported. In one remarkable instance, a woman was admitted to the St. Louis Hospital in Paris with a large gangrenous ulcer on her leg which would not heal. Though doctors were sure that amputation was inevitable, she was given regular dressings of tamanu oil. The wound healed completely, leaving a smooth, flat scar. In other cases, tamanu oil has been employed successfully to heal severe burns caused by boiling water, chemicals and X-rays.

Hey I forgot to add some other stuff that's really useful. This will dry your active pimples/blemishes.

red sandalwood powder

neem powder or oil if they don't have any powder

red clay

rose water (you can use regular filtered water or spring water too)

**turmeric powder (you can find this in the supermarket in the spice aisle) it stains your face so I don't always use it

Mix with a little bit of water and make a paste and add to active spots, let dry or leave overnight.

hey thanks for the info preciosa82 I'll also get some Tamanu oil. With the red sandalwood powder, neem, red clay, and rose water do you mix all of this to make a mask or do you use them separtately?

Anyway I whent to the store today and I found out that I don't have to use the money all at one time.....I got some coconut oil :dance: I'm looking forwaed to trying it. On the bottle it said that you can put it on your skin...has anyone tryed this, if so how do you use it....is it like a mask or do you leave it on like a moisturizer?

Thanks everyone!

hey thanks for the info preciosa82 I'll also get some Tamanu oil. With the red sandalwood powder, neem, red clay, and rose water do you mix all of this to make a mask or do you use them separtately?

Anyway I whent to the store today and I found out that I don't have to use the money all at one time.....I got some coconut oil :dance: I'm looking forwaed to trying it. On the bottle it said that you can put it on your skin...has anyone tryed this, if so how do you use it....is it like a mask or do you leave it on like a moisturizer?

Thanks everyone!

You mix them all together and apply to face until dry or you can leave on overnight on active spots. It is supposed to reduce inflammation and dry up blemishes. As for cocnut oil I used to apply directly on face to scars and around eyes before I started using the tamanu oil.

You mix them all together and apply to face until dry or you can leave on overnight on active spots. It is supposed to reduce inflammation and dry up blemishes. As for cocnut oil I used to apply directly on face to scars and around eyes before I started using the tamanu oil.

do you also mix in the turmeric with this ^?

i use it sometimes on my face. it's a good moisturizer...

this is from http://www.mercola.com/forms/coconut_oil.htm

It prevents destructive free-radical formation and provides protection against them. It can help to keep the skin from developing liver spots, and other blemishes caused by aging and over exposure to sunlight. It helps to prevent sagging and wrinkling by keeping connective tissues strong and supple. In some cases it might even restore damaged or diseased skin. The oil is absorbed into the skin and into the cell structure of the connective tissues, limiting the damage excessive sun exposure can cause.

Coconut oil will not only bring temporary relief to the skin, but it will aid in healing and repairing. It will have lasting benefits, unlike most lotions. It can help bring back a youthful appearance. The coconut oil will aid in removing the outer layer of dead skin cells, making the skin smoother. The skin will become more evenly textured with a healthy "shine". And the coconut oil will penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin and strengthen the underlying tissues.

i only put it on at night (and leave it on 'til morning), or when i'm not leaving my house, because it's very noticeable.

but ONLY use it on your face if it is extra-virgin coconut oil that is not refined, deodorized, or bleached. one time i used a cheap coconut oil on my face and it gave me a rash.

i only put it on at night (and leave it on 'til morning), or when i'm not leaving my house, because it's very noticeable.

but ONLY use it on your face if it is extra-virgin coconut oil that is not refined, deodorized, or bleached. one time i used a cheap coconut oil on my face and it gave me a rash.

oh good that is what I got today organic un-refined coconut oil...it might even be raw but I'm not sure

do you also mix in the turmeric with this ^?

Yes you can mix the turmeric in with this but I don't always use it since it stains the face.