Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Senor

Acupuncture with cupping for acne

Some one try this and let us know how it goes...

Acupuncture may be helpful in the treatment of acne. Several preliminary studies have reported that a series of acupuncture treatments (8 to 15) is markedly effective or curative in 90 to 98% of patients. Besides traditional Chinese acupuncture using needles alone, a technique called “cupping� is frequently used in the treatment of acne. Cupping refers to the use of cup-shaped instruments to apply suction to the area being needled. Two preliminary trials of cupping treatment for acne reported marked improvement in 91 to 96% of the study participants. Controlled trials are necessary to determine the true efficacy of acupuncture and other traditional Chinese therapies in the treatment of acne.

found this at http://www.myvitaminguide.com/public/603.cfm

there's already a topic about accupuncture on here do a search... the people have had really good results i was thinkin about doing it but it's 2 expensive.

I have never tried acupunture on my face, but i had it on my arms and legs and even on my throat once for things like stomachache to coughs, since my mom is an acupunturist, i had it for free, but it's really painful in my opinion, i only had it say, if my stomachache is unbearable. (having an acupunturist for a mother is a pain sometimes, acupunture is the only treatment, she suggested for anykind of ailment i have, i have to run away sometimes.hahahah) Yeah, but my acne is so bad, that i actually asked her to stick needles into my face, but she says you have to do it a couple of times, that it's a continous treatment. And she doesn't think it's neccessary. Plus the thought of the pain scares me. So i didn't go through with it. Acupunture is painful but if u can bear with the pain, it's a good try.

I have never tried acupunture on my face, but i had it on my arms and legs and even on my throat once for things like stomachache to coughs, since my mom is an acupunturist, i had it for free, but it's really painful in my opinion,....

"People experience acupuncture differently, but most feel no or minimal pain as the needles are inserted. Improper needle placement, movement of the patient, or a defect in the needle can cause soreness and pain during treatment" http://healing.about.com/od/acupuncture/ss...acpunctre_3.htm

Hah! i'll like to hear that from ppl who actually had acupunture, i dunno...the one on the throat didn't hurt, but the ones on the arms and feets hurts, the insertion of the needle didn't hurt but then she twist it to activate the nerve or something and that hurt. But diff people responds to it differently i guess, depends on ur pain tolerance level too, and i have a pretty low pain tolerance.

Don't forget... your mom could just not be very good at what she does... not saying thats the case, but its always a possibility.