Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User28456

NEW OTC Hydroquinone Scar/red stuff eraser

I just bought a box of this from walmart for $14. it's Called Acnefree Complete Acne Scar Eraser. i searched on their site and google, and apparently it's so new that there's no websites with info bout it. lol :doh:

anyways, here it is:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

It has 2 things in it:

-a 2 oz bottle of "Scar Lotion" containing 3.7% Hydroquinone and this thing called Oxygen Peptide A that's supposed to level pock marks.

-a 1.5 oz tube of Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 15 with Vitamin E

my experience with acnefree has been great so far, so i'll check this out.

I did some research, and according to http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/Uses/0,39...Topical,00.html hydroquinone should not be used with bp. hmmmm........

any comments? tips?

hey i use this stuff it really works great but i only had a few scars but it really works good but it u have a tan it will leave ur skin lighter in spots where u put it on scars so try not to tan or be outdoors with it on but after 2 weeks u will see major improvments

Guest *Clara

It doesn't cause cancer but it makes you more sensitive to sunlight. Does this help redmarks or no?

lol no it doesnt cause cancer it just makes ur tan on ur face go away on the spots where u put it, i dont use bp when i use this stuff and i use it in the morning and before bed and ive been on it for 3 weeks and i never broke out at all. im not sure if it works good with bp or not sorry.

hey, do you know if this is available in canada yet? For instance in stores like London drugs and Shoppers drug mart in Canada?

i'm not sure. i can't even find 1 website that has info bout this, so it's pretty new. even universitymedical.com (the maker of this) doesn't have a info page for this product yet. lol. how the hell did it come to walmart 1st? O.o

i'm trying to figure out if it messes ur face if u use it with bp. anyone know anything bout hydroquinone in general and it's reations to bp?

I'm wondering if there is a way to buy it from Brazil. Is there some e-drugstore that sends its products to another country that isn't EUA or Canada? and what's bp? o.O

hey i found a web site that tells u all about hydroquinoe and it says u can use bp with it but heres the link

here

that's the same site i posted. it says:

What drug(s) may interact with hydroquinone? (Back to top)

•benzoyl peroxide

Check with your prescriber if you are using other medications which are applied to the skin.

that's why i originally asked if it has any reactions with bp

i used a little bp when using this stuff and it didint make me break out or anything. what kind of skin are u i have very little acne ill get a zit or 2 occassionally but when they go away they leave a mark but since ive been using this u cant see the marks anymore

ok, i just got a reply from the customer service @ university medical:

Dear Customer:

You may use the AcneFree kit and the Scar Eraser on alternating days. Use the kit one day, then the eraser the next.

Thank you,

Rhonda

Customer Care

University Medical Products

I've used the following Serious Skin Care products together and haven't had any problems:

Clearz-It: a BP and tea tree oil acne treatment and

Fading Fluid: a hydroquinone product to fade dark marks.

So hopefully using BP with the above Acnefree product shouldn't be a problem either.

how effective is hydroquinone? according to acnefree, full results in less than 2 weeks

also, did u use those 2 products together like everyday?

I'm wondering if there is a way to buy it from Brazil. Is there some e-drugstore that sends its products to another country that isn't EUA or Canada? and what's bp? o.O

This stuff is impossible to find online at the moment

Don't know how they came out with 3.7% HQ. The allowed OTC % is only 2% because of the harmful side effects of HQ. Anything higher than that i think is by prescription but i think that's for 4%. Anyone?

Guest Marino

wait, wat harmful effects???

prolonged use can fuck up your skin, dont ask me for a link, i just read it in a magazine.

It males, especially, it can make there skin thicken. In women it does something else, 3 months is the most you should use it.

Go see a doc or email a professional, and get a full low down.

I found something in Walgreens that gets rid of acne scars called the Pimple Eraser. I looked at the website and it has Glycolic Acid which I know is what my dermatoligists uses for chemical peels. I asked him for suggestions to remove acne scars and he suggested this procedure because I was so tired of my skin. But it is REALLY REALLY expensive to do. He suggested that I find a Glycolic Product and this only costs 9.99. I have been using it for about 6 months and have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin.

according to acnefree, u should not use it in cohesion with BP. they told me to use bp 1 day, and this thing the next. either way, i'm not taking chances