Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IM afraid that if i shave ...i will irritate my skin and break out even further. I need advice guys..does shaving encourage acne or if i shave will i be improving on my skin.. i have a very light beard so please advise

For me if I shave.. my skin seems to get dry and irritated but on the other hand if I dont shave, my skin gets itchy and I get pimples.. its a lose lose situation but I would go with shaving, it looks nicer

Shave it up... Its better for when you apply BP if you are doing the regimen and if not its good for overall washing since theres no hair. even if its light...

What moisturizer do you use for the face if you use one? tell me about it and ifs its good or not cause I dunno about it :wall:

i have pimples above my lips..that happens to be the place where i breakout. Do i shave even if there are pimples?

no! do not shave...it'll juz irritate or cut the pimples...which could inflict pain and irritate the pimples ( causing them to grow more ) as well

Ever since I started using a razor blade for shaving I've never broken out on the lower part of my face (I don't break out much to begin with as acne has passed for me mostly, and never was that bad to begin with). Because every time you shave you exfoliate your skin, and if there no dead skin cells theres no clogged pores. Use aftershave and you won't have irritation.

Guest james11

Electric shaver mate. Get a good quality shaving oil too! Pat the face with a warm washer for several minuites (keep adding warm water to the washer). This softens the skin and lessens irritation. Then put some of the oil into the washer and pat that onto the face. Shave in downward actions, and slowly.

I find this to be so much better than anything else i've tried. Get an oil with Eucalyptus in it and always clean the surface of the shaver before use. Let me know what you think!