Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
izel

Stopped MAC, Clear Skin NOW!

So some of you might remember me about a month ago asking everyone to stop using StudioFix bc it had broken me out so horribly. Well, I haven't used it for over a month and now my skin is crystal clear. Now, I am only speaking for myself, but MAC was THE REASON why my acne became so horrendous. So if anyone is still using it and can't understand why they won't get clear, I suggest not using it for about a month, seeing a dermatologist, using both a makeup remover and cleanser w/toner...and seeing if that clears you up. For me personally MAC was just too strong for my sensitive skin and pores. It was GREAT for coverage but just not the right fit. If you have to use makeup bc you are too embarrassed about your skin (believe i was too) use LORAC. it's what i use now for minimal coverage. it's oil free and doesn't seem to break me out.

Good luck everyone.

i didn't use studio fix but i did use MAC's pressed powder. that broke me out. period. will never use MAC skincare again. but their eye/lip products are awesome!

oops, i meant MAC makeup, not skincare.

Anywhere I put the StudioFix, which was mostly over cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. So annoyed bc you'd think MAC would be better that that but if you read MUA there is definitely a group of ppl who can't use this product.

I was using StudioFix for a week with no problems and loved it. I was using Proactiv skincare and had been for a couple of years. My skin was o.k., a pimple here or there, and blotchy, but no major breakouts. Then I decided to try Mary Kay skincare, the Timewise cleanser and moisturizer both for oily skin. After about 4 days, my skin broke out like crazy. I was COVERED in ugly bumps all over but really concentrated in my oily T-zone areas. I assumed it was the Mary Kay that did it and switched back to Proactiv but continued with the StudioFix. My skin remained broken out. I went to a dermatologist who prescribed 4 different things from tetracycline to a steroid cream. And I stopped using the StudioFix. My skin got a tiny bit better every day for a week but was still really bad. That's when I decided to try Dan's Regimen. I stopped all of the derm's prescriptions (including the tetracycline which was making me naseous) and also stayed away from StudioFix. It has been 6 days and the progress of my skin is absolutely amazing. Every day I wake up and my skin is so much better. It is almost completely clear now.

So, anyway, to make a long story even longer. Maybe it was the StudioFix that gave me the problem and not the Mary Kay, or maybe it was a combination. At any rate, I will stay with Dan's regimen, which is making my skin look even better that it was before this whole breakout started. And I think I will try Bare Escentuals for makeup. It sounds like people have had good experiences with BE and that it doesn't cause breakouts, correct?

I have always HATED Mary Kay's makeup/facial products. Had one of the worst breakouts of my life with their supposedly oil-free foundation. NEVER AGAIN!

Anyway, I wouldn't suggest Bare Escentuals either because it contains bismuth oxychloride and mica which can cause breakouts in acne prone people. I'd check out Veggie Girl's stuff, J. Lynne, or Raesin Images mineral foundations. They don't have mica or BO in them. I've been using Raesin Images for a few weeks now and I love it!!

Studio Fix has an excellent finish, but it does contain an oil. And it broke me out. It just isn't sutiable for some people.

The same thing happened to my friend, she told me how M.A.C products made her breakout. I used the Studio Fix but I would only get a 1 or two pimples so it was nothing major.

Heh, Yeah really. MAC studio fix gives very nice coverup, but using it for extended hours will cause you to break out. I've used this product for about a month, it was great, but then I started breaking out :evil: , it was horrible. I wouldn't reccomend this product.

I just recently stopped using MAC StudioFix. I am 31 and I have had acne / oily skin since I was about 12. But I have NEVER had such oily skin as when I used StudioFix. I would put it on in the morning and by noon my forehead would be slick with oil. It primarily made me break out along my jawline. I also had the problem of it turning a *beautiful* shade of orange by the late afternoon. I have just, as in today, started using Origins ‘Reflection Perfection’ and the ‘Matte Scientist’ oil-controlling hydrator. Wish me luck!

wow. i wish it were that easy. that all i had to do was stop using makeup and my acne will go away. count your blessings. congrats on the clear skin :)!!

I only use MAC studio Fix under my eyes thats it. And it defiently broke me out when I was using it. Now I use a foundation(which I don't wear everyday) from Australia-can't remember the name of it but its very natural without harsh chemicals, and for concealer I use Burt Bees-in light, I can't use harsh makeup on my face. MAC defiently uses a lot of chemicals and thats what breaks people out.