Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Purp

Body acne and tattoos

I get body acne. I've had it for about 6 or seven years now. I get it on my back and upper arms, i dont get it on my chest anymore for some reason. The problem I have is not the actual acne or pimples, it is the SCARING!. I usually only have 1 or 2 or 3 pimples that form at a time, but no matter how small or big they are, they leave a lasting scar. my upper and lower back is filled with scars that just wont fade away. If you were to look at them you would think i had recently had broken out all over or something. But that is not the case, some if not most of the scars have just accumilated over the years and wont fade or dissapear. I am sick of it, because i always feel embarassed to take my shirt off and its a bitch tryin to have sex with somebody new because your embarassed of the scars. ive tried glycolic peels and all that and it doesnt work for me. I am light skinned black male, i looked mixed, so the scars are brown.

Well i have decided that i am just going to get tattoos on my arms and back to i dont have to deal with this problem anymore. I actually love tattoos being that im an artist, and have always wanted some anyway, i already have the ones picked out for my arms that i want, only problem is that it is expensive and im short on money, but when i get enough i am going to go through with it. I'm just tired of these acne and scars and i hope this is a perminent solution.

With that being said, i have a few questions to the fellow members that do have tattoos.

1) Does your acne still come up in the areas that you have ink?

2) Does tattooing hurt more over acne scars?

3) If acne does still appear or arrise in the inked area, how does it affect the tattoo in appearence after the acne dissapears, does it deform or alter the tattoo?

I have two tatoos. I <3 skin inkings and hope to add a few more to the collection when money allows.

I do not get acne in the places of my tats, but occasionally the skin on the tats do rise a little (think like a mosquito bite), but it's nothing major.

I wouldn't think acne could alter the tat unless it happens while the tat is healing, and even then you might just be left with a little lighter inking in that area. (DON'T pick, though. I have to have a part of one of my tats recolored because of picking. Totally wore down the inking during the healing process!)

I don't know how inking over acne scars would work, though. You could ask a tatooer, just call up a salon and say you have a concern you'd like addressed before getting a tat. If they are good place, they should be more than happy to find out for you.

I got a black cross on my upper arm, before acne appeared there. There is basically never acne on the actual tattoo, just the occasional raised bump, but that is very rare. But I got it all over my upper arms anywhere the tattoo isnt, sucks. But yeah, you should go for it, as long as you really want the tattoos even if you didnt have scars or acne

I have two tatoos. I <3 skin inkings and hope to add a few more to the collection when money allows.

I do not get acne in the places of my tats, but occasionally the skin on the tats do rise a little (think like a mosquito bite), but it's nothing major.

I wouldn't think acne could alter the tat unless it happens while the tat is healing, and even then you might just be left with a little lighter inking in that area. (DON'T pick, though. I have to have a part of one of my tats recolored because of picking. Totally wore down the inking during the healing process!)

I don't know how inking over acne scars would work, though. You could ask a tatooer, just call up a salon and say you have a concern you'd like addressed before getting a tat. If they are good place, they should be more than happy to find out for you.

Ha...I get that too. Sometimes my tattoos swell up like giant mosquito bites....they itch too. Then it just goes away...guess some kind of allergy, or irritation from the scaring...

Scars on your back...eh???

I have scoliosis (sp?)...and that has left my back looking like I, seriously, have been in about 20 knife-fights...

Im not lying...its that serious. I dont really suffer that hard from body acne all that much..chest and neck if anything...shoulders a little...but In my opinion...those seem so trivial in comparison to what is on the FACE....if your face has acne, it is ...bar-none...the worst situation you could be in.