Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Tinky

Veggie Girl and Mica?

because she went on vacation, she told me that she has a lot of orders to catch up on so maybe that's why she's didn't reply to you yet. don't worry though, i'm sure she will as soon as she can. :D

She's totally busy! I don't think she expected her stuff to take off like this!

I've been using her make up since she first started making it, and it's all i use now. It's far cheaper than any other minerals I've seen, and she just does a better job of colors and packaging.

For example, Aromaleigh only sells these huge pots of eyeshadow, for like 8 bucks. I am seriously never going to use it all. Crush's colors are not only better ( imo) but are two for $8, and are a nice little perfect size.

Her jars don't leak, either! A huge plus if you carry it around.

Her jars don't leak, either! A huge plus if you carry it around.

As much as I love Veggie girls makeup, I have a bit of a problem with it being "travel friendly". Like, I absolutely :wub: her satin finishing powder and would love to carry it around with me for "touch ups"... but like, when I went on holiday, I'd find that all the powder would come out of the little holes, so when I next open the jar, half the product was on the little plastic thingy as opposed to being inside the actual jar if you know what I mean?! :think: :shifty:

I was just wondering... how do you go about that little problem aghreeb? :think:

When you get the product, why dont you just leave the sticker (thats covering the holes) on and get a needle and stab SOME holes through the sticker so not too much product comes out? Either that or just lay the pot upright (with the lid on of course!) and flick it a lil, trying to get the excess product that's hanging on the rim to fall back into the pot.

When you get the product, why dont you just leave the sticker (thats covering the holes) on and get a needle and stab SOME holes through the sticker so not too much product comes out? Either that or just lay the pot upright (with the lid on of course!) and flick it a lil, trying to get the excess product that's hanging on the rim to fall back into the pot.

Yeah, I've taken the sticker off, so its just the "big" holes that are there. I guess what I was trying to say, is that if I do carry it around in my bag, its obviously not gona stay upright at all times, therefore some of the product comes out of the little holes, so when I open the jar, there's like LOADS of powder there and I have to swirl it all back in if you know what I mean?!

The problem with the swirling thing though is that it can sometime go all over the place... which firstly, wastes good product, and secondly, makes a big mess- not cool lol!

Well I dont necessarily try to swirl it back in...actually I dont even do anything to it. I just leave it be. You can still apply makeup with all that product in your pot. I just get my brush...dab enough powder on it (depends how much I want) and transfer all the powder to the lid by tapping it. From that point I just do the swirl...tap...and brush technique.!

Yeah, I've taken the sticker off, so its just the "big" holes that are there. I guess what I was trying to say, is that if I do carry it around in my bag, its obviously not gona stay upright at all times, therefore some of the product comes out of the little holes, so when I open the jar, there's like LOADS of powder there and I have to swirl it all back in if you know what I mean?!

The problem with the swirling thing though is that it can sometime go all over the place... which firstly, wastes good product, and secondly, makes a big mess- not cool lol!

I just peel up a corner of it so that I can tap it into the lid and then I reseal it when I'm done. I had to learn that the hard way as well..lol. When I first tried MMU I peeled off the entire thing and, like you said, it all came through the holes.. errgh! But I find that peeling up a section of it works well enough. Hope that helps!

Also, I'm going to put in an order with vegiegirl. I've been tring out a few of her samples and I LOVE them, but I was hoping I could get some suggestions from everyone who's tried it as well. So far, the nude eyeshadow is my FAVORITE.. any other reccommendations?? thanks.

have you guys contacted veggie girl lately? she was supposed to have responded to me a few days ago but she hasn't and i'm getting a bit worried since i did pay for my package. :doubt:

Guest ***Mish Mosh***

perhaps she is ill or something.

Is her website up yet? She said it would be up by the end of the year.

I just peel up a corner of it so that I can tap it into the lid and then I reseal it when I'm done. I had to learn that the hard way as well..lol. When I first tried MMU I peeled off the entire thing and, like you said, it all came through the holes.. errgh! But I find that peeling up a section of it works well enough. Hope that helps!

Yeah that does help! I'll bare that in mind next time I have to repurchase lol!

So far, the nude eyeshadow is my FAVORITE.. any other reccommendations?? thanks.

I love her nude eyeshadow, petal is really nice too- like a shimmery pale pink. Her finishing powder is the bees knees at reducing shine. That's a MUST HAVE imo :)

have you guys contacted veggie girl lately? she was supposed to have responded to me a few days ago but she hasn't and i'm getting a bit worried since i did pay for my package. :doubt:

Dont worry. You will get ur stuff that you ordered, she's probably REALLY busy trying to catch up after her holiday. Her stuff are amazing and its taken off pretty fast too. Just be patient, I'm sure Veggie girl hasnt forgotten that you've paid for ur orders! :angel:

As much as I love Veggie girls makeup, I have a bit of a problem with it being "travel friendly". Like, I absolutely her satin finishing powder and would love to carry it around with me for "touch ups"... but like, when I went on holiday, I'd find that all the powder would come out of the little holes, so when I next open the jar, half the product was on the little plastic thingy as opposed to being inside the actual jar if you know what I mean?!

I was just wondering... how do you go about that little problem aghreeb?

I actually meant no powder leaked out of the jar. the Aromaleigh i bought got dust everywhere!!

I also carry it around with me, and I'm OK with it falling into the cap. I give it a hard tap or two before I open it, this prevents it from spilling, then use what had gone into the lid to touch up.

i haven't tried veggie girls makeup yet. i can't wait until i get my samples!

whenever i need to carry my loose powder with me, i usually place a piece of tape or another sticker over the sifter.. it works.

Guest Tinky

whenever i need to carry my loose powder with me, i usually place a piece of tape or another sticker over the sifter.. it works.

That's a GREAT idea!!!!

ooh, maybe this is one of the links you were referring to in my post! :D

i love finding buried treasure in old threads too... nice find!

i guess your search tool works then (mine doesn't). :think: i wonder if it's cuz i'm on a mac, like Kitty was noting earlier.

i haven't tried veggie girl's MMU.

bump.. :shifty:

anyone tried veggie girls MMU?

(love looking at old threads!!!!)

I have... you could probably tell from my previous posts in this thread.

Her stuff is pretty cool. Her foundation really is awesome, stays put all day. Her finishing powder really is fantastic for keeping oilies at bay.

Her stuff really is good for those with REALLY sensitive skin. I remember ages ago that she was planning to make a website or something, i have no idea if she's got that up and running yet. She does pop in from time to time, how about sending her a pm asking her if she's still making her fantastic makeup.

ooh, maybe this is one of the links you were referring to in my post! :D

i love finding buried treasure in old threads too... nice find!

i guess your search tool works then (mine doesn't). :think: i wonder if it's cuz i'm on a mac, like Kitty was noting earlier.

i haven't tried veggie girl's MMU.

That wasnt a pun, was it? :whistle:

lol