Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fenrir

A few inportant quistions

My first post ever

I have been on the regimen for exactly 6 weeks 4 days, and have got to say its been the best thing i have

ever done to get rid of my acne. Although progress was slow I have now gotten to the point where my face

is close to clear. red marks of course remain and I still have blackheads and such but comparing that to

what I hosted a month ago [cystic acne and a fantastic amount of zits and pimples] I am extremely gratefull.

However I have several quistions that need answers,and I have no doubt that this community can give them.

Before those though i think i should elaborate on my acne's past. I am a 15 year old guy who's acne started when he was 11 years old and has stayed moderate [i would hazard a guess at 55th percentile] since then.

My schedule is as follows:

Morning:

Shower [wash face with non scented spectro jel]

10-15 mins later: apply bp [Oxy 5 2.5% for sensitive skin]

10-15 mins later: apply Moisturizer [Cetaphil moisturizing lotion]

Evening:

ditto, including shower

I also have a lot of water and change pillow case often [every night]

Now the quistions:

1: Who has used These product, did they work for you? recomend them?

2: Using relevant info how long till my skin clears up completely?

3: Using relevent info how long till red marks fade completely?

4: I read that spots can take 6 weeks to form, does this explain why my acne has improved so dramaticaly in the past week?

5: is my regimen sound? if not whats wrong

It would be a shame for you to have read all this and not reply...

hi, first of all, congrats on your progress so far!

Yes, your products are just fine, especially if you are seeing progress, keep on. The usual timeline for clearing up depends on how bad your acne was to begin with, but give the Regimen a good 3 months of dedicated usage to see optimal results. Red spots just take time, mine were all gone by the end of month 4, if that helps you to know, but everyone is different. Using the Regimen to get your acne cleared up will help prevent future red marks, btw.

Hope this helps!

hi, first of all, congrats on your progress so far!

Yes, your products are just fine, especially if you are seeing progress, keep on. The usual timeline for clearing up depends on how bad your acne was to begin with, but give the Regimen a good 3 months of dedicated usage to see optimal results. Red spots just take time, mine were all gone by the end of month 4, if that helps you to know, but everyone is different. Using the Regimen to get your acne cleared up will help prevent future red marks, btw.

Hope this helps!

thanks! anyone else?

you are one bright 15 year old! wow!! How wonderful to know someone as intelligent as yourself is our future :wub:

I think you're following the regimen as exact as it gets! Congratulations on the improvement, keep going, never slacking off and you'll get clearer and clearer and clearer.... :dance:

I had moderate acne, some days more on the severe side than mild. It took me five months of religiously following the regimen until I completely cleared. Lots of patience and positivity :pray:

My red marks took me about 6 months to fade, some longer. And some are still there :doubt: but getting lighter and lighter. As long as you make it your primary goal to keep clear of active acne, the red marks will fade.

Good luck to you, keep us posted! :angel:

My schedule is as follows:

Morning:

Shower [wash face with non scented spectro jel]

10-15 mins later: apply bp [Oxy 5 2.5% for sensitive skin]

10-15 mins later: apply Moisturizer [Cetaphil moisturizing lotion]

First, I want to congratulate you on being very aware of what you're doing :)

Second; I have used the products you've mentioned! I use Spectro Jel right now, and I like it very much. I've also used the Oxy5 BP; I did like it, but I've found it to leave white residue if not rubbed in "just right". But, starting off with 2.5% is awesome; Personally, I favor Clean&Clear Persa-Gel5(5% BP). I know it's not recommended by acne.org to use anything higher than 5%, but hey, it works for me.

The moisturizer is an iffy; if your skin is dry/normal, you can probably take it, since it's a bit of a heavy moisturizer (it contains macademia nut oil). I've used it on my face (which is normal/oily) without problems, as long as you don't mind a bit of a greasy sheen.

I had been doing the regimen for a year before I added in my own personal touch. It took me a good 6 months to get rid of the redmarks, letting them slowly fade on their own. I've been on BP for the last 2 years, and it is awesome!

What you're doing is great, just keep with it, and you'll see results soon!

Good luck!

Hoku