Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
747ben

Any one use Adapalene (Differin)?

Ive been using it for a while. Either my acne cleared up from it, or it went away on its own. It does help my forehead alot, and my chin also.

Its not that new, about 10 years old. Using it on its own, it didnt work that great for me but did reduce the amount of pustules I got. I now use it in the morning and then put on benzamycin at night and am doing pretty well.

i use it along with clindamycin and a BCP and it heeps me 98% clear. you have to give it a chance though because it will make your skin worse for about a month before it starts working properly.

My doctor prescribed some Differin to me a couple months ago, but I used salicylic acid at the same time, and as a result i developed a really bad rash that gave me breakouts all over my face. Then the doctor put me on Retin A for a couple of months, and my skin eventually healed but i still have new pimples every day.

the doctor also said i can go back on Differin a few months later, putting it on early at night, like around dinner time, and washing it off and putting on retin A before I sleep. But when i started using differin again, i felt like my skin got worse and it felt itchy. Now i have some scars on my cheek area, and i stopped using differin. My situation hasnt improved, and my skin is still messed up.

am i allergic to differin and salicylic acid now because of the rash earlier?

and does any of this might make me allergic to BP?

the regimen seems like something that might work,, and im gettin desparate!!! please help!

Anyone use it? Is this a new zit med?

Heyy,

My doctor presribed me differin topical gel along with minocycline tablets. I have found the tablets to be non-effective after 2 courses :doubt: , however the differin gel seems to help quiet alot. I find that it helps treat existing pimples and somewhat prevent new blemishes from apearing. It reduces sebum production particularly around my T section. I prefer differin to benzol type topical treatments because it doesn't overly dry out your skin and it doesn't cause any redness. I don't have severe acne as such but it's enough to effect my personality, so i'd say it's definately worth a try. ;)

One of the only prescription topicals i never had the chance of using. Many people stack it with Tazorac (which can get irritating). It's not new by any means - give it a try though!

I was on differin and various antibiotics (some oral, some topical) for about 8 years. It helped to keep my acne somewhat under control, although I was never 100% clear, and I still got cysts. I like it better than BP/the Regimen because it was less irritating, and seemed to work as well for me. I think my acne was just too severe for it (I have moderate to severe acne), so I just started an accutane treatment. But if differin could improve my acne as much as it did, I think it could do really good things for someone with less severe/persistent acne than mine. So I think you should give it a try!

i am using the differin at night along with

1: day cream - Clindamycin phosphate 1% lotion

2: night cream - Differein (adapalene)

3 - Pill - Minocycline 100MG

ive been on these for about 4 days now. my skin isnt dry at all and i seem to be breaking out still. its pretty oily. but i feel that it isnt going to work. i may just give up these topical creams and go on accutane.

I used differin with a pill(forgot what its called) ths was in 2003. none of them worked. i waited 3 months, the instructiions for the differin said i shud start noticing big difference when ive used it for 2 montsh, but never saw any results.

The guy that prescribed me that was a family doctor, but now i go to a derm :D

I used differin for awhile, at one point i was 100% clear.. then my skin got incrediably dry and i had to only use it once every other day. Then it got worse and i switched to a diffrent topical product.

Currently i'm using Vanoxide -HC lotion which is hydrocrotison and 5% benzolperoxide, and i'm having realy good results. I'm almost clear as of a month and a half of use every night and i'm experiencing very little dryness.

I have moderate acne. I used Differin for about 4 months. I used it at night in combination with Duac (1% Clindamycin, 5% BP) in the morning. This combination worked pretty well. It took about 6 weeks to see results. I got fewer pimples, my blackheads went away, my skin was less oily and my pores appeared smaller. I wasn't 100% clear until I went on vacation last month. I stayed clear for about 2 weeks, then started breaking out again.

I went back to my derm and he really wanted me to take oral antibiotics. I said I didn't want to and he said I really needed them. (My acne wasn't even inflammatory, I just had some whitheads). So I switched to Retin-A micro 0.04% last week. So fat I haven't gotten any new pimples, and all the little comedos are coming out. I'm not irritated at all....

Anyone here use Differin(night) and Benzaclyn (Day). Results?

I am currently using Benzaclin in the am and Differing Gel at Night. I also take doryx 100 mg qd and use a sulfur face wash in the am. My face burns like bloody hell if i put either cream on immediately after washing. Wait at least 20 mins before applying either after you wash. Good Luck

I use differin in am and benzoly peroxide at night(clindoly) with tetra pill at night its been 2 weeks and so far I had a few new pimples but I am seeign results so far...os hopefully afater 6 weeks I see a HUGE imporbement

Anyone use it? Is this a new zit med?

I used it for about three months, along with Klaron in the morning. I was also on Minocycline during this time. It helped a little, but not a ton. I just started Accutane this week. Give it a go though, because I did see a little difference and maybe your acne will respond better to it than mine did. I hope so! Good luck!

I used it daily b4 bed along with doxy.I hated it.made me break out really bad!!also made my skin itchy,red n oily.obviously my skin is sensitive.although sayin all that after 3 months my skin did feel less bumpy.but its just not worth it from my situation,wastes time:(

good luck x

i used it for a few weeks, unlike the other retinoids ive used, differin really didnt dry me out, it made me super super oily!! it did not seem to break me out at all, nor did it clear my acne at all. i saw no difference while using it except for extremely oily skin

My doctor prescribed some Differin to me a couple months ago, but I used salicylic acid at the same time, and as a result i developed a really bad rash that gave me breakouts all over my face. Then the doctor put me on Retin A for a couple of months, and my skin eventually healed but i still have new pimples every day.

the doctor also said i can go back on Differin a few months later, putting it on early at night, like around dinner time, and washing it off and putting on retin A before I sleep. But when i started using differin again, i felt like my skin got worse and it felt itchy. Now i have some scars on my cheek area, and i stopped using differin. My situation hasnt improved, and my skin is still messed up.

am i allergic to differin and salicylic acid now because of the rash earlier?

and does any of this might make me allergic to BP?

the regimen seems like something that might work,, and im gettin desparate!!! please help!

Geesh, not sure if your doctor knows what he's doing. Combining adapalene and Retin-a is not a good idea, it will destroy your face. It just increases the toxicity of the products and the sensitivity of your face, Can't you take an antibiotic orally? I would suggest you take an antibiotic (gel or lotion or cream) like clindamycin or erythromycin along with Retin-A because they target acne differently unlike the combination of Retin-A and adapalene because both are forms of retinoids.