Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shenzi

Needling with Frank

Hi guys

For those of you who did the needling trial with Frank from Transitions, I was hoping you guys wouldn't mind giving us an update on your progress thus far? I know you're probably all real busy but I would really appreciate it if you could drop a line or two.

thanks so much

shenzi

Hi guys

For those of you who did the needling trial with Frank from Transitions, I was hoping you guys wouldn't mind giving us an update on your progress thus far? I know you're probably all real busy but I would really appreciate it if you could drop a line or two.

thanks so much

shenzi

I am curious as well as I am thinking about going to see him in November. :-)

bump

Xaviar - Maybe they are all really satisfied with their results and they aren't reporting back now. I hope so! Did you have your consult in Worcester yet? Frank seems really knowledgeable about needling and everything. I am definitely thinking about going to visit him to see what he thinks.

Hey Shenzi. I had needling with Frank from Transitions this past July. He was very knowledgeable about the procedure and about skin in general. Now, around 3 months later, I'd say that overall I have gotten a 10-15% improvement in my scarring. I think the reason my improvement wasn't that much, is because my scarring isn't that severe to begin with, so It's kind of hard to tell exactly how much it improved. It definitely did help and I would have it again, and there are only 6 or 7 scars that I think need it. I think that needling combined with a few peels would be best for me. I was lucky enough that Frank was in my state to teach needling, so I only had to travel 30 minutes to see him, and in order to have it again, I'd probably have to make the 4 hour or so drive up to New York. That would not be a problem, I'd just have to get one of my parents to ride with me. Anyway, I would reccommend this, as I have had some minor improvement and others have had great improvement.

Good luck!

Hey Shenzi. I had needling with Frank from Transitions this past July. He was very knowledgeable about the procedure and about skin in general. Now, around 3 months later, I'd say that overall I have gotten a 10-15% improvement in my scarring. I think the reason my improvement wasn't that much, is because my scarring isn't that severe to begin with, so It's kind of hard to tell exactly how much it improved. It definitely did help and I would have it again, and there are only 6 or 7 scars that I think need it. I think that needling combined with a few peels would be best for me. I was lucky enough that Frank was in my state to teach needling, so I only had to travel 30 minutes to see him, and in order to have it again, I'd probably have to make the 4 hour or so drive up to New York. That would not be a problem, I'd just have to get one of my parents to ride with me. Anyway, I would reccommend this, as I have had some minor improvement and others have had great improvement.

Good luck!

Thanks for you post Liatard! Do you think you would have gotten a lot more improvement if you went to see him more? I only live about an hour and a half from him so I am thinking about going in for a consult. I have shallow scars and few stubborn ones. Do you think it would be worthwile?

Hey Electro. No problemo. :) I think there's a chance my scars could improve more if I have it done again. I have about 6 or 7 scars that are needle-able IMO. The rest of my problems are more of scarred pores, horrible skin texture, etc etc, and I've been trying to improve my overall skin texture right now with copper peptides and experimenting with loads of other topicals. I definitely think you should give it a try, especially if he agrees so if/when you see him, because 1 or a few procedures could probably help out your shallow and stubborn scars. And an hour and a half drive doesn't seem bad at all. I would have most definitely gone back by now if I lived a little closer and my parents were willing to drive with me. Quite a few people have gotten impressive results from this.

Good luck. :D

Where is Transitions located....just curious. How can one find someone like frank to do needling in the SW US area?

Zealous1

Transitions is in NY state. I have no idea who does it in the SW US - someone else might be able to help u with that.

shenzi

...p.s. any other transitions people care to comment on their progress??? :):pray:

Where is Transitions located....just curious. How can one find someone like frank to do needling in the SW US area?

Zealous1

Transitions is in NY state. I have no idea who does it in the SW US - someone else might be able to help u with that.

shenzi

...p.s. any other transitions people care to comment on their progress??? :):pray:

Shenzi - Frank has listed other people he has trained in other areas...some are in the SW!

http://transitionspmc.com/scar_modeling_technicians.htm I hope there is someone close to you ;-)

Shenzi,

thanks for the help. I hope i find someone close or at least convince someone i know who is a tatoo artists to perform test on me. Also can anyone tell me what the rates are for needling from frank, just to get an idea to convince my friend.

With all due respect,

Zealous1

Hmmm....sounds real fishy how nobody really has anything to report on this! Frank has frequented this board quite a few times over the past few years and I know he has perfomed the needling on quite a few members of this board. I think if one's scarring is real deep and severe this could not possibly help. If it can only help shallow scars ten percent, then how can it be effective for deep pits. I think I'm gonna scratch this one off my list of workable options.

I have an appointment at the end of this month at Transitions....I'll report my results....of course they do say that you get results up to 3 months afterwards...if I get any results I'll definately do it again.

I have an appointment at the end of this month at Transitions....I'll report my results....of course they do say that you get results up to 3 months afterwards...if I get any results I'll definately do it again.

Verysadgirl...............hope all goes well and u'll keep us posted on your results, hopefully immediately after the procedure and well after the first month to see how ur progressing. thanks

Zealous

Hmmm....sounds real fishy how nobody really has anything to report on this! Frank has frequented this board quite a few times over the past few years and I know he has perfomed the needling on quite a few members of this board. I think if one's scarring is real deep and severe this could not possibly help. If it can only help shallow scars ten percent, then how can it be effective for deep pits. I think I'm gonna scratch this one off my list of workable options.

I'm here even though my needling wasn't with Frank or a hand tool.

Ive needled 2Xs. First July 4th weekend & the second time.... sometime in early Sept

The July one produced massive results 25% decrease in scar appearance

I rushed the second visit & since it was done prematurely (only 7 weeks later)

I attacked it again too soon.... producing not such great results the second attemt (10%)

after waiting approx 6 months Im going back for round 3.

this time ive been on retin A micro (smaller dose).

retin a micro works like a dream + needling results = my skins never looked smoother!!

Its hard for me to remember how deep my scars were b/c of my skin now

people used to stare at my scars instead of lookin into my eyes or whatever

when speaking to me....

now that I mention my acne scars & how im going to get a procedure done (b/c i need time off from school & work to recover)... ppl are like "WHAT ACNE SCARS?"

that makes me feel really deliriously good about my self

and SERIOUSLY before this whole needling ordeal, u could spot my scars from across the room.

now.... when you stand 3 feet away, you can NOT see them (trust me, b/c ppl stand more or less 3 feet when talkin to me, and can NOT see the scars!)

i will def update my scar pics... but not until atleast 2 more rounds of needling b/c i want ppl to notice a DRAMATIC difference, not a small one.

im a perfectionist

ciao

Hi!

I had a needling session with Frank almost two months ago. I plan on booking another appt as soon as I can squeeze in the downtime (and as soon as my inlaws go away - I don't want them seeing me like that!). I'm still waiting for the three month mark to guage my improvement. There was definitely some improvement due to microswelling initially. I'm kind of in a weird half-way waiting period now. My scars are still there, but to my eye they are smoother. The deepest icepicks (I have three) are not too changed - but they are literally holes in my face, and doubt they will go away unless I have them excised. My medium icepicks are within a rolling scar - this scar/combo of scars has changed but to what extent is hard to say, as it seems to continue to remodel. My scarred pores, mini icepicks and boxscars are the ones that bother me the most and between topicals and the needling seem to be smoothing out quite a bit. But because I'm constatnly having to adjust the topicals it's hard to say what my skin is actually doing - I'm peeling or red a lot of the time so I'm trying to figure out the proper balance.

Its really sad how this same time last year ('06)... this board was majorly popular

and now... no one's here on this board reading/responding...

I wonder, what the hell could have possibly come out thats better than needling??????

that is beyond me

trust me, i am a connoisseur when it comes to the pain, angst & the almost all the experience in the world when it comes to acne & acne scars.

back to needling

i went back to Frank at Transitions for my third needling session. ofcourse no one at work knows why i took time off from work, nor do they need to. (except my close friends)

it was almost a 7 hour round trip, but worth every minute.

my dad was like "why did you needle again, i thought ur scars were gone"

i cant wait to heal & evaluate my scars!

my dad oughtta know i am a perfectionist. so if i can achieve 99% improvement. why not??

its not like fraxel where your skin looks raw 12 calendar months after getting it done

Frank is officially a part of my life, whether he likes it or not.

he's totally invited to my wedding, or any major celebration of that sort.

that is the impact he's had. plus, it doesnt hurt that he's genuinely a nice guy, smart, & talented. He's not cold blooded like 99% money hungry crook doctors.

why doesnt anyone notice how cruel doctors are, all you have to do is tune in on those stupid plastic surgery shows.... doesnt anyone notice that plastic surgeons are butchers with a liscense to tell you more is wrong with you than meets the eye??? woman goes in for a face lift... and is told she needs 12 procedures. WTF

so yes = needling is TRUE micro wounds to the skin which TRULY accelerates proper healing, NOT fraxel that sells itself on that principle. i'd know. my multimillionare boss burns her daughters face with fraxel, she's yet to achieve results opposed to raw skin.

im not at all being cocky. i just deeply hope they notice a reduction in my scars when i go back, so that i can introduce that poor woman to Frank @ Transitions, and change her life positively.

good luck to everyone out there.

-insecuritey (may need to change my name after this ;) )