Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been suffering with acne for years.... I've had just about every medicine. I've been on accutane.... that did NOTHING for me. I been off of it for two years. It gave me cysts on my face which I'm still trying to heal the red marks/scars for. Before I go any further... I just want to let everyone know that ALL antibiotic pills used for acne are pretty much useless. But here is why there is no hope for me. I got naturally oily acne prone skin that is sensitive to ANYTHING, and filled with red marks. Here is all the stuff I've tried to no avail.

Benzamycin/Benzaclin- Stopped the breakouts for 3 days, made me red, then my face is back to hell.

Retin-A = Did absolutely nothing except make me red and leave crust on my face that took months to get off

Tazorac= Besides NOT clearing up acne, it made me red as a tomato.

Pro Activ- Dried me out, made me oily, and didnt clear me up.

I have a whole box full of other medicnes that didnt do nothing. What is someone like me suppose to do when even the most sensitive thing of all medicines, (this regimen with 2.5% BP) didnt even clear me up, but still made my face red. And I know that a second treatment of accutane sometimes works... but accutane already left my face so scarred, red marked and disfigured that it would just leave it truly repulsive looking if i had it again.... so does anyone got any suggestions????????

Have you ever been to a skin clinic? You can learn alot more about acne there, they sat down with me and went through everything, drawn me diagrams and stuff. There are different treatments they offer, it may be expensive but if it clears this up for you, then you can at least live the life you want to live. In London they offer a "thermage treatment" where it clears mild acne in one treatment and immunes you from it for 5 years. You have more treatments depending on the severity. Once the 5 years are up, it shouldn't come back again because you'll hopefully of grown out of it. This treatment costs £1,500, im not sure if your from the UK but i'm sure there are many skin clinics in the US or wherever your from that offer the same services. Good luck bro, you can get through this just stick at. Completely stop everything your using that hasnt worked, if it hasnt worked for you your wasting your time taking it. I used to spend ages in the bathroom using creams and shit, what a waste of time.

Guest frogprince

have u tried Dan's regimen? give it a go!

dude im sure accutane will work, did u even finish ur first course. it takes months and montsh to work sometimes. plus if u really want it gone thell give u 80 mg or more a day for 6 months. dude that shyt will work u just gotta take it more than once maybe.

Benzamycin/Benzaclin- Stopped the breakouts for 3 days, made me red, then my face is back to hell.

you need to stick on that stuff for a while... it in an antibiotic, and takes a while to start working.

Have you ever been to a skin clinic? You can learn alot more about acne there, they sat down with me and went through everything, drawn me diagrams and stuff. There are different treatments they offer, it may be expensive but if it clears this up for you, then you can at least live the life you want to live. In London they offer a "thermage treatment" where it clears mild acne in one treatment and immunes you from it for 5 years. You have more treatments depending on the severity. Once the 5 years are up, it shouldn't come back again because you'll hopefully of grown out of it. This treatment costs £1,500, im not sure if your from the UK but i'm sure there are many skin clinics in the US or wherever your from that offer the same services. Good luck bro, you can get through this just stick at. Completely stop everything your using that hasnt worked, if it hasnt worked for you your wasting your time taking it. I used to spend ages in the bathroom using creams and shit, what a waste of time.

I havent had the treatment, i've just read about it. Its a Skin Rejuvenation Clinic situated in London. I can get you the telephone number, i cut the article out of a magazine, i'll pm you when i find it.

Here is some more info on thermage treatment. The "before" and "after" pictures in the magazine were amazing, whether they are authentic or not i dont know:

For those who would like to slow the hands of time, reduce the aging process or simply look and feel refreshed without going 'under the knife' - Body Beautiful have the answer. The non-surgical facelift! Yes, its true, the only non-invasive, no-downtime treatment that delivers tighter skin, renewed contours and healthier collagen.

The Thermage® system uses radiofrequency energy to create a precisely controlled zone of heating in the dermis and underlying tissue which tightens and reduces skins laxity and wrinkles, renewing facial contours. The body then initiates a second response, heating within the dermis and underlying tissue. The body's natural wound healing responses, initiate new collagen, providing long term tightening of the skin.

As the first and only scientifically proven non-invasive tissue tightening and contouring technology, the Thermage® procedure has been featured as an amazing and innovative cosmetic procedure by national media such as Vogue Magazine, American talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show and Entertainment Tonight.

Unlike many laser procedures requiring four or more sessions, a single Thermage® treatment has produced results in the majority of patients. Tightening improvements appear gradually over 2-6 months after a single treatment. However, many patients report seeing this much sooner. The Thermage® procedure is an excellent method to tighten early signs of sagging facial contours in patients who are not yet ready for a conventional facelift. Thermage® can also be used to effectively treat skin conditions such as acne.

what you are describing as overly sensitive skin is often not acne at all but rosacea. the two are often sometimes almost clinically identical but most acne treatments including the ones you mention make rosacea worse.

actually the clindamycin in benzaclin has some anti-inflammatoey properties which makes it tolerable by rosaceans.

any way see a derm and tell them you have been unresponsive to traditional acne meds.

the main tratments for rosacea are metronidazole and sulfur based creams like plexion and rosanil. i have seen the sulfur based meds help a lot of people with redness and cysts.

but dont try rosanil. even though it has the same main ingedients, rosanil has other almost bizarre ingedients like emulsifying wax and mineral oil which makes the skin worse. there are some others like klaron and rosula that may help but plexion seems the least harsh on skin.

Guest tenshigirl25

i think accutane would work...sometimes people get started on to high a dose and it breaks them out severley making them scar..maybe a long term small dose would do it? i think the fact u considered yourself a 2nd course might work that the 1st course was working to an extent...also some people cant leave their face alone, too much bacteria with all the squeezing, picking and scrubbing on accutane can make it so much worse..

i hop u can find the answer for u...i only thought of accutane as the only thing that comes close to a cure.