Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skummer

Been prescribed Zineryt, and...

I've just been prescbribed the topical antibiotic Zineryt to use in conjunction with Minocycline. The minocycline, after about 8 months, is becoming decreasingly effective, or so it seems.

Anyone had any experience with Zineryt, and should I use it with Benzoyl Peroxide. Should I moisteurise after application?

On a slightly tangential note, I'm very close to now stopping Minocycline and beginning a course on one of the other Tetracyclines. If I was to do this, is it likely that I'd notice an initially bad decline in my skin following the transition, or should things remain similar and then become better?

I ask because obviously there's a delay between when you first start an antibiotic and then it's noticeable effects. By moving straight on to a new tetracycline, it doesn't give the skin a chance to get bad again, does it?

Anyway, thanks for reading.

dude, all i can say is that stuffs awesome, if and while it works, just had 6 months of zineryt effectiveness and ive had completely clear skin all that time, been able to not worry about what i eat or how i wash its been amazing, i could wake up and expect 2 see a fresh face ther every morning, however recently the resistance kicked in and im on my way bak 2 square 1 again so i cant stress enough BE PREPARED as soon as u think the resistance is kicking in ask ur doctor about alternatives, obviously even with zineryt u get the odd white head from time 2 ttime but nothing major, so i thought they would just go away but they didnt and i was ignorant and didnt realise a resistance built up eusa_wall.gif apparently it works again if you give ur skin a months break, nt sure yet as ive only been off it about a week but my skin is terrible, started using bp but its dried my face to a desert sandal. anyway just watch out for that resistance, the come down is awful, im in my third week of uni and my second month with my awesome girlfriend, a time wen u need 2 be confident about ur appearance, gayyyy, anyway i started using it morning and night as instructed but once i was clear i changed 2 just evenings, its cool onec ur clear as u can skip a night and ull be fine n e way, anyway im gna get an appointment 2 see what else is available, even if its only 2cover this month until that stuffs effective again. remember its only temporary, and i cant guarantee itll work but it worked wonders for me, awesome stuff, reviews all say pretty much the same thing 2 which is promising, any way wish me lukfinding a new antibiotic,

good luck with zineryt, if it works, enjoy the hell out of it and be prepared for the resistance

good luck mate