Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sickening

Acne is back after accutane.

My acne cleared when I was on accutane, but now it's back after being off of it for a couple of months. LMAO! This is hilarious! It's 2005, yet we can't even cure fucking acne. LMAO! YES!

I know what you’re going through, I’m in the same situation. I’ve been off the accutane for a few months now and I’m breaking out all over my face.

It annoys me how so many people say that accutane is the ‘cure’ and it got my hopes up so much before I started the treatment. Plus the 5 months on the tane were tough times, all of that time/money/abuse to my body was a waste of time because I still have acne too!

I know your pain, stay positive

-Roddy

Man, I know your pain. I was on Accutane about 4 years ago. Screwed me up so bad. It completely dried out my face, made my cheeks and lips bleed and just made me feel like utter shit.

Unlike you, I was not even lucky enough to get an initial clearing. Things just got progressively worse afterward, and now my acne is worse than ever.

My lips are permanently chapped and dried up from that crap and my joints hurt. Consider yourself lucky if you don't develop any long term side effects.

I went on FOUR different cycles of accutane!

It helped some, but not a lot in the long run--either that or my body just changed and I don't get as much acne as I used to.

FOUR cycles, ppl... jesus.

ya people keep calling it the cure... but anyone that i ever knew of that took accuane there acne came back.... some milder than others though

My acne cleared when I was on accutane, but now it's back after being off of it for a couple of months. LMAO! This is hilarious! It's 2005, yet we can't even cure fucking acne. LMAO! YES!

Guest tenshigirl25

many people have clear skin afterwrds too or it comes back mild..or takes a few courses..sometimes it can be hormonal or bcause of your age. everyone is different.

mine came back too. I had cystic acne.. it came back not as bad but pretty devastating. I went on another mini course-- low dose, a few months, but the doctor took me off it because I had depression. My very first derm told me that even after accutane I needed to use a cream for life--- retin-A or Differin, to keep the acne at bay.

For me I find that every night I have to smear on glycolic acid else the acne comes back. It works great. It was horrible for me when it came back after that first round of accutane. Brought up a lot of emotional issues!! I felt I couldn't face acne all over again

...but I thought you fuckers said it's the miracle cure ? that it halps almost everyone ??

You better be careful this doesn't happen to me.

(directed at....I don't know. Anyone who has ever hailed this product)

when ur saying ur acne came back u have to post how ld u are because that makes a big diff, whenn ur 15 and take it and it comes back that more normal. like ppl that are older and take it it ussualy works better. like im 22 and on it for the first time. plus just do another course if it comes back. im 43 days in and my skins looking better healing up. alot of ppl do years of tiny doses to keep it at bay to. i know if mine comes back the same again im doing another course, this time higher mgs. fuck it. im on 40mgs a day now only i dono if ill be moved up or not.

and plus you have to remember the only ppl on here complaining about accuatne not working are the oens it did notw ork for the other 80% or whatever are clear and have no need to be on here.

I'm 23.

Anyhow, I had acne vulgaris before, but the pimples aren't as big now. Mainly whiteheads. Not as big or bad, but back! Also, accutane has cleared so many people. It really is the best option for severe acne, IMO. This is just my experience thus far.

I've been off accutane for 2 months now after a 6month course. I still have clear skin. I really don't want it to come back. Before my acne was horrible and made me so upset and I just didnt like seeing anyone or goin out. If my acne comes back I would definately not hesitate to go on another course. Life without acne or so much better

I've been off accutane for 2 months now after a 6month course. I still have clear skin. I really don't want it to come back. Before my acne was horrible and made me so upset and I just didnt like seeing anyone or goin out. If my acne comes back I would definately not hesitate to go on another course. Life without acne or so much better

Agreed. Accutane has worked so well, and life has been so much better. I hate to think about it coming back when im done, and I know it will, becuase I'm unlucky like that. When does, I'll be sure to make an appointment right away for a second treatment.

Agreed. Accutane has worked so well, and life has been so much better. I hate to think about it coming back when im done, and I know it will, becuase I'm unlucky like that. When does, I'll be sure to make an appointment right away for a second treatment.

you have to wait 6 weeks between courses of accutane unfortunately

Guest frogprince

accutane worked for me.. then after a few months... it stopped

however, I was able to stop it again.. with diet and a better skin regimen

don't get down... there are other ways to stop it

good luck

listen up guys, they dont tell you but relapse is very common with accutane. especially if youre young.

you may need two or three more times to kill the acne.

and you may need to up the dosage the next time as well.

Sad to hear things haven't really improved or stayed clear since coming off it.

Unfortunately there are more worthy causes for consideration when people are making a cure for something.

Cancer, alzheimers, parkinsons etc would all be above acne. I dare say there are scientists out there or budding young scientists who suffer from acne who are trying to work on a cure, but let's face it it isn't life threatening so it isn't a major concern for most people.

Ur hormone levels r probably way too strong. Go and check it out at the derm and get some more this time it will most likely go away