Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I finally decided that I pay my GP another visit. This evening, I asked my mum if she'd make me an appointment to go and I told her how desperate I am to get my acne cleared up so I can start enjoying my life. I feel as though I have been robbed of any good times in my teenage years. I'm 25 now and for the past 10 years or so acne has taken over my life. It's all that I think about every single day.

I honestly need help guys. If anyone has any suggestions then please tell me what I can do to start making this go away for good.

Currently I'm using Dalacin T Solution and washing my face with Johnstons' Gently Exfoliating Facial Wash at night only. In the mornings I shave with electric razor and then wash my face with warm water only.

I think my mood will improve if I can get my acne sorted out but it's just destroying me totally.

If anyone out there in the UK knows of any good medical treatment or what the best thing for acne is then please say. I have been on Accutane in the past but the results only lasted for about 6 months and it was very hard being on the treatment as I got extremely bad break outs and I had to goto work and face the public. If there is any private treatments or whatever I'll pay anything.

If anyone has any suggestions then please tell me what I can do to start making this go away for good.

If anyone out there in the UK knows of any good medical treatment or what the best thing for acne is then please say. 

I wish i could recommend something to you but if i knew of a good medical treatment i would have stopped going round in circles and would be doing good myself. These GPs who think they are so clever really have no idea!

I feel as though I have been robbed of any good times in my teenage years.  I'm 25 now and for the past 10 years or so acne has taken over my life.  It's all that I think about every single day. 

I think my mood will improve if I can get my acne sorted out but it's just destroying me totally. 

I hear you. Acne is on my mind first thing from when i wake up to when i go to sleep at night. And it has totally messed up my emotions -I feel bad for the people who have to live with my mood swings! Sorry i can't help you just thought i would let you know i am totally in the same boat so you aren't on your own feel free to pm me if you ever need to talk.

Thanks guys. It's just having to live everyday and see other people who have perfect skin. I can't stand it when some say "it's what on the inside that counts". That is so untrue. These days, you have to look right to make friends and to fit in.

Hey Euroguy

Yeah I'm feeling pretty down about my acne at the mo too, feels like I have tried everything and to limited success! Currently really considering accutane myself. Didn't really want to go down that path due to side effects but am on regimen at moment...doesn't seem to be improving and am just generally getting really fed up with life! Hate going out with my other girlfriends and watching them get all the male attention...perhaps I would too if I were more confident but acne has ruined that!

Have you tried laser treatments for acne?? I went to a clinic in Harley Street for the procedure, I have to say it didn't actually work for me sad.gif but a lot of other people have had success. Quite an expensive treatment tho.

Did your skin clear up on accutane after the inital break out? How bad were the side effects?

xxx

p.s if your 25....I think you should be making your own GP appointments, not your ma!

Thanks guys.  It's just having to live everyday and see other people who have perfect skin.  I can't stand it when some say "it's what on the inside that counts".  That is so untrue.  These days, you have to look right to make friends and to fit in.

Preach on. I know exactly how you feel here. Looking good on the outside is extremly important. Its amazing how much better people treat you when you look good.

Of course my "inside" so to speak is pretty damn ugly too in a way.

Thanks guys.  It's just having to live everyday and see other people who have perfect skin.  I can't stand it when some say "it's what on the inside that counts".  That is so untrue.  These days, you have to look right to make friends and to fit in.

Very true, people generally are too shallow to have the "it's what's on the inside that counts" outlook..